Projections on these 3 SPs - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Projections on these 3 SPs

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Projections on these 3 SPs

Postby powenM » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:41 pm

Jordan Zinnerman, Justin Masterton & Jarod Parker

And if you can can u pls check out this other post on a possible trade for them?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=376984
Just traded BButler, BWood & JLoney for Mark Teixeira, Ryan Theriot & Renyel Pinto in a DYNASTY LEAGUE. Big gamble I know!
powenM
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Projections on these 3 SPs

Postby J35J » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:24 pm

Parker

Zimmerman
Masterson
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby DevilDriver » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:19 pm

Parker
Zimmerman

Masterson

Masterson has limited fantasy value so if you're getting him in a trade you might want to ask for a better player. Parker and Zimmerman are both guys you want on your team. Zimmerman made the Nats rotation out of ST (first start is in 1-2 weeks I think) and he'll challenge for NL ROY. He has the stuff to be a good #2 starter if things go right. Parker has a mid-90s fb and could be a fantasy ace depending on the development of his secondary offerings, but he probably won't be up until Sept. 2010 at the earliest.
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby kab21 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:40 am

I like Parker as top 10 prospect after this season. He throws the heat and potentially has plus secondary pitches that he's working on. He also didn't have a scary walk rate that is common with too many top pitching prospects and initially leads to struggles.

Zimmerman and Masterson are both decent starting pitching prospects that could be solid guys (let's say 3.50-4.00 ERA's and 7.5 K/9). But the edge goes to Zimmerman since Masterson could get buried in the Sox pen killing his value.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 170)

Postby DevilDriver » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:06 pm

kab21 wrote:Zimmerman and Masterson are both decent starting pitching prospects that could be solid guys (let's say 3.50-4.00 ERA's and 7.5 K/9). But the edge goes to Zimmerman since Masterson could get buried in the Sox pen killing his value.

Zimmerman also has much better stuff than Masterson.
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby kab21 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:46 pm

DevilDriver wrote:
kab21 wrote:Zimmerman and Masterson are both decent starting pitching prospects that could be solid guys (let's say 3.50-4.00 ERA's and 7.5 K/9). But the edge goes to Zimmerman since Masterson could get buried in the Sox pen killing his value.

I think that is the Zimmerman hype that is talking. He's good but he's not a great stuff pitcher. Or else Masterson's skills are being underrated. the biggest difference between the two is that Masterson has a good chance at being buried in the bullpen. Which is scary from a fantasy perspective.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 170)

Postby J35J » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:53 pm

kab21 wrote:
DevilDriver wrote:

I think that is the Zimmerman hype that is talking. He's good but he's not a great stuff pitcher. Or else Masterson's skills are being underrated. the biggest difference between the two is that Masterson has a good chance at being buried in the bullpen. Which is scary from a fantasy perspective.

agreed.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby DevilDriver » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:31 pm

J35J wrote:
kab21 wrote:
DevilDriver wrote:

agreed.

Honestly I think you guys are underrating Zimmerman. He sits 92-3 mph on his fastball and has a plus slider. Masterson sits around 90 with a solid slider which is definitely not plus. While Masterson is a #3 or 4 starter at best, Zim is a likely #3 with the potential to be a #2. They're not on the same level in terms of fantasy value.
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby J35J » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:43 pm

DevilDriver wrote:
J35J wrote:
kab21 wrote:

agreed.

Honestly I think you guys are underrating Zimmerman. He sits 92-3 mph on his fastball and has a plus slider. Masterson sits around 90 with a solid slider which is definitely not plus. While Masterson is a #3 or 4 starter at best, Zim is a likely #3 with the potential to be a #2. They're not on the same level in terms of fantasy value.

2 different types of fastballs...you can't really compare the two.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby DevilDriver » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:27 pm

J35J wrote:
DevilDriver wrote:
J35J wrote:
agreed.

2 different types of fastballs...you can't really compare the two.

Not sure what you mean by that. A 92-3 mph 4-seamer denotes greater K potential and therefore more upside than a 90 mph sinker.
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball