Why is Alexei Ramirez Batting Eighth? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Why is Alexei Ramirez Batting Eighth?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Why is Alexei Ramirez Batting Eighth?

Postby Citi Field of Dreams » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:15 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
BitterDodgerFan wrote:bat getz leadoff and use alexei 2nd. i don't think wise belongs in the leadoff spot. he should be #9.

I think that is the most likely scenerio but it is going be be a little bit before it happens.

What's the Ozz Man waiting for? What's so great about Wise that he should be batting leadoff for an AL Central contender?
If Ozzie Smith can make the Hall, why can't Rey Ordóñez?
Citi Field of Dreams
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby da bears » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:57 pm

some of the chicago radio reporters were already talking about Getz moving into the lead off role sooner than later. For whatever reason Ozzie doesn't want to put added pressure on Alexei yet. I would assume Ozzie would probably stick AJ in the 2 hole before Alexei just because that's what he has done in the past and liked it.
da bears
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Citi Field of Dreams » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:00 pm

da bears wrote:some of the chicago radio reporters were already talking about Getz moving into the lead off role sooner than later. For whatever reason Ozzie doesn't want to put added pressure on Alexei yet. I would assume Ozzie would probably stick AJ in the 2 hole before Alexei just because that's what he has done in the past and liked it.

Until he realizes that AJ is vastly overrated.
Citi Field of Dreams
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Padres Fan » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:53 pm

Citi Field of Dreams wrote:
da bears wrote:some of the chicago radio reporters were already talking about Getz moving into the lead off role sooner than later. For whatever reason Ozzie doesn't want to put added pressure on Alexei yet. I would assume Ozzie would probably stick AJ in the 2 hole before Alexei just because that's what he has done in the past and liked it.

Until he realizes that AJ is vastly overrated.

I think Alexi ramirez is overrated, he has a horrible OBP and doesnt draw a walk, and how many years has AJ been outting up his consitent stats for coming on his 12th season decent avg and double digits home, may not be attractive, but has averaged 450+ at bats 6 years in a row, excellent for a catcher, even Joe Mauer can't do that.
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Citi Field of Dreams » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:04 am

Padres Fan wrote:I think Alexi ramirez is overrated, he has a horrible OBP and doesnt draw a walk, and how many years has AJ been outting up his consitent stats for coming on his 12th season decent avg and double digits home, may not be attractive, but has averaged 450+ at bats 6 years in a row, excellent for a catcher, even Joe Mauer can't do that.

He is. AJ is more overrated, though. He routinely puts up awful OBPs (averaging somewhere around .315), like Ramirez and has a terrible eye (has never drawn more than 20 non-intentional walks in a season). Yet he is still heralded as a Top 10-15 catcher.

But, yeah, Alexei is overrated. I regret drafting him so high.
Citi Field of Dreams
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Padres Fan » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:12 am

Citi Field of Dreams wrote:
Padres Fan wrote:I think Alexi ramirez is overrated, he has a horrible OBP and doesnt draw a walk, and how many years has AJ been outting up his consitent stats for coming on his 12th season decent avg and double digits home, may not be attractive, but has averaged 450+ at bats 6 years in a row, excellent for a catcher, even Joe Mauer can't do that.

He is. AJ is more overrated, though. He routinely puts up awful OBPs (averaging somewhere around .315), like Ramirez and has a terrible eye (has never drawn more than 20 non-intentional walks in a season). Yet he is still heralded as a Top 10-15 catcher.

But, yeah, Alexei is overrated. I regret drafting him so high.

I do agree that AJ is overarted as a player overall, but among catchers he is a top 15 catcher, only because there are only a few legitimate studs at that position, I think Alexi is looked at the same way among 2B because after Utley/Pedroia/Phillips/Kinsler, it gets kinda iffy.
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby kab21 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:19 am

Padres Fan wrote:I do agree that AJ is overarted as a player overall, but among catchers he is a top 15 catcher, only because there are only a few legitimate studs at that position, I think Alexi is looked at the same way among 2B because after Utley/Pedroia/Phillips/Kinsler, it gets kinda iffy.

This has nothing to do with who should hit 2nd if Wise is moved down to the bottom (Getz up).
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 170)

Postby PriceIsRight » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:23 am

The question that should be asked is, why in THE HELL is Dewayne Wise batting leadoff???? That dude is Michael Bourne's evil twin at the plate. As for Alexi, just try to calm down. The OBP issue is a legit concern, but if dude hits like he did last year, he'll move up in the order before long. Remember people, the MLB season is LONG, and we're only two games in! ;-D
PriceIsRight
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby ELaw77 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:11 am

PriceIsRight wrote:The question that should be asked is, why in THE HELL is Dewayne Wise batting leadoff???? That dude is Michael Bourne's evil twin at the plate. As for Alexi, just try to calm down. The OBP issue is a legit concern, but if dude hits like he did last year, he'll move up in the order before long. Remember people, the MLB season is LONG, and we're only two games in! ;-D

Thank you :-)
ELaw77
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Citi Field of Dreams » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:15 pm

DeWayne Wise and Getz were benched today, only to see Ozzie Guillen put Brent Lillibridge in the leadoff slot with Josh Fields batting second.

For the record, Josh Fields should never be a second hitter. But does Guillen have any confidence in Ramirez? He's been hitting well of late, but is still stuck in that eight spot.
Citi Field of Dreams
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates