Emilio Bonifacio way to fill up a fantasy scorecard!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Emilio Bonifacio way to fill up a fantasy scorecard!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Emilio Bonifacio way to fill up a fantasy scorecard!!

Postby JTWood » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:08 pm

tiggis wrote:From most picked up to most dropped by the end of April.

Shelton
Image
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 11508
Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Unincorporated Heaven

Re: Emilio Bonifacio way to fill up a fantasy scorecard!!

Postby Verminator » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:08 pm

I'll get Emilio off waivers in my CBS league... yay!!

I missed on him in the Yahoo league because I have a job and can't man the waiver wire 24/7!!! :-t
When it comes to exaggerating, I always give 110%.
Verminator
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 407
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 27 Oct 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Gurnee, Illinois

Re: Emilio Bonifacio way to fill up a fantasy scorecard!!

Postby Rockfan616 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:30 pm

Amazing Oopah wrote:this kid has gone from like 2% owned on monday to 54% owned in Yahoo right now... incredible.

I think Boni has the ability to turn into the poor man's Chone Figgins, which would be pretty darn nice when you got him for free.



Yeah, a poor man's Figgins is a good comparison since they are both speedy infielders that can make things happen, and can seemingly play all over the diamond. As long as you don't call him a poor man's Juan Pierre then we're good to go here....LOL :-b
Rockfan616
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 190
Joined: 4 Mar 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Emilio Bonifacio way to fill up a fantasy scorecard!!

Postby AllDay » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:32 am

The kid has been a joy to own so far. I was a little weak at 2B/MI so he's gonna be a big help if he can keep it up for any length of time and get me some steals along the way.

More than anything I think I'm gonna get Jordan Schafer some PT against the Nats in their next series. Nationals look like a disaster right now and I don't think a trip to Atlanta is the remedy.
30
AllDay
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 287
Joined: 18 Oct 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Emilio Bonifacio way to fill up a fantasy scorecard!!

Postby Matthias » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:07 am

jacopo2155 wrote:a good start to today's game as well. 1-1, with a walk, a sb, and a run....there's no way he's going to keep this up, but he seems like a good player to have for the time being...could serve as trade bait later on.

Doubtful. Any moment where he stops generating buzz and you're done with him, nobody else will trade anything for him. They might pick him up off of waivers, but they're not going to give value.

The only way he has any trade value is either right now or 2 months from now if he's still hitting .280+, has 20-25 steals, and about 30 or so Runs.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 4860
Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Emilio Bonifacio way to fill up a fantasy scorecard!!

Postby wildbill » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:07 am

AllDay wrote:The kid has been a joy to own so far. I was a little weak at 2B/MI so he's gonna be a big help if he can keep it up for any length of time and get me some steals along the way.

More than anything I think I'm gonna get Jordan Schafer some PT against the Nats in their next series. Nationals look like a disaster right now and I don't think a trip to Atlanta is the remedy.


You sort of contradicted yourself and actually made the following point for me. Emilio has put up great numbers through 3 games. However, all 3 games have been vs the Nats. The Nats SP consists of 5 pitchers that would be in AA or AAA for most other major league teams and their bullpen isn't much better. The Nats defense also sucks and that includes the catcher. Get back to me once he faces a few teams with a half decent pitching staff with a half decent defense.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 838
Joined: 7 Jun 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Emilio Bonifacio way to fill up a fantasy scorecard!!

Postby AllDay » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:14 am

wildbill wrote:
AllDay wrote:The kid has been a joy to own so far. I was a little weak at 2B/MI so he's gonna be a big help if he can keep it up for any length of time and get me some steals along the way.

More than anything I think I'm gonna get Jordan Schafer some PT against the Nats in their next series. Nationals look like a disaster right now and I don't think a trip to Atlanta is the remedy.


You sort of contradicted yourself and actually made the following point for me. Emilio has put up great numbers through 3 games. However, all 3 games have been vs the Nats. The Nats SP consists of 5 pitchers that would be in AA or AAA for most other major league teams and their bullpen isn't much better. The Nats defense also sucks and that includes the catcher. Get back to me once he faces a few teams with a half decent pitching staff with a half decent defense.


Nothing contradictory with hoping he can keep on producing while noting the competition he has done it against.
30
AllDay
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 287
Joined: 18 Oct 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Emilio Bonifacio way to fill up a fantasy scorecard!!

Postby fbc_fan » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:06 am

Amazing Oopah wrote:this kid has gone from like 2% owned on monday to 54% owned in Yahoo right now... incredible.

I think Boni has the ability to turn into the poor man's Chone Figgins, which would be pretty darn nice when you got him for free.


if he can turn out like this, i will be downright thrilled. especially because he was free.
Image
thanks to madison/go_jays_go for the slick sig!
fbc_fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1412
Joined: 17 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Emilio Bonifacio way to fill up a fantasy scorecard!!

Postby raysfan4life » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:37 pm

Now that he's got a few games under his belt, I've heard a few analysts (including a couple from MLB network) say he may be the fastest guy in the league - right up there with Bourn, Reyes and Gathright. And he is definitely disruptive and an all effort guy. Guys like that who hit the ball on the ground are usually good bets to maintain at least a minimum level of consistency.

Just know what you're getting with him. A good day is 3 for 5, with 2 of them being infield singles, 2 SBs, and 2 Rs. No power whatsoever.
raysfan4life
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 172
Joined: 3 Mar 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: neuronss and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Oct. 22
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact