Brandon Webb got rocked today...... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Brandon Webb got rocked today......

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Brandon Webb got rocked today......

Postby Rockfan616 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:32 am

How many of you Webb owners besides me might be a little concerned about this?? I also want to hear from any D-Backs fans out there who can confirm that he wasn't throwing the ball all that well this spring before the opener. What do you all suppose the problem is with him?? Thanks!!!
Rockfan616
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 190
Joined: 4 Mar 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Brandon Webb got rocked today......

Postby cnote23 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:06 am

I would be for sure I heard on the radio that he still has shoulder problems.
cnote23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafecaster
Posts: 620
(Past Year: 17)
Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Brandon Webb got rocked today......

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:56 am

Personally, I wouldn't be too worried about him. The Rockies tend to do well against him, for whatever reason.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4003
Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Colorado

Re: Brandon Webb got rocked today......

Postby tiggis » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:57 am

Rockfan616 wrote:How many of you Webb owners besides me might be a little concerned about this?? I also want to hear from any D-Backs fans out there who can confirm that he wasn't throwing the ball all that well this spring before the opener. What do you all suppose the problem is with him?? Thanks!!!


I would not start to really be concerned until the next bad outting.

Opening day is a strange day for pitching and hitting.. too many nerves... too much distraction.

Lets see what does after some time with the pitching coach in the film room.. great pitchers are great because they adjust.

If he was so hurt that he pitched this badly.. they would have pulled him already.
Fantasy Angel
Yes I am a southern girl.
Yes that is my photo,
Yes I can kick your butt in Fantasy Baseball,
Fantasy Angel's Sure Fire Breakout/Post Hype Player
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=404816
tiggis
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 184
Joined: 18 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Atlanta, Georiga

Re: Brandon Webb got rocked today......

Postby cwrtlm » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:26 am

tiggis wrote:
Rockfan616 wrote:How many of you Webb owners besides me might be a little concerned about this?? I also want to hear from any D-Backs fans out there who can confirm that he wasn't throwing the ball all that well this spring before the opener. What do you all suppose the problem is with him?? Thanks!!!


I would not start to really be concerned until the next bad outting.

Opening day is a strange day for pitching and hitting.. too many nerves... too much distraction.

Lets see what does after some time with the pitching coach in the film room.. great pitchers are great because they adjust.

If he was so hurt that he pitched this badly.. they would have pulled him already.


See Example CC Sabathia 2008. Terrible to begin the year and then turned into a stud later. Patience, Patience or buy low!
C- Hundley, Iannetta
1b- Wallace
2b- Barney/Barmes
3b- J. Lopez
CO- G. Sanchez
SS- Tulo
MI- Castro
OF- Bay, Hart, Pagan, Smith, Francisco, Ankiel
U- C. Ross(DL), Cantu
P- Carpent, Billings, Volquez, Marcum, Norris, J. Vazquez, Westbrook, Wolf, E Rogers
cwrtlm
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1032
Joined: 3 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Brandon Webb got rocked today......

Postby ILLZ » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:33 am

Are you serious? It was one bad outing. Every pitcher gets rocked from time to time. Who cares. He's never posted an ERA above 3.59 or made less than 33 starts in any full season in his career... and you're worried? After one 6 run outing? I'm sure your team has more serious issues than Brandon Webb's one bad outing.
ILLZ
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 94
Joined: 8 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Brandon Webb got rocked today......

Postby Rockfan616 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:33 pm

ILLZ wrote:Are you serious? It was one bad outing. Every pitcher gets rocked from time to time. Who cares. He's never posted an ERA above 3.59 or made less than 33 starts in any full season in his career... and you're worried? After one 6 run outing? I'm sure your team has more serious issues than Brandon Webb's one bad outing.



It's not so much the one bad outing that concerns me Illz, it's the fact that he has shoulder stiffness and that he wasn't throwing the ball all that well this spring because of the shoulder problems that I'm a little worried about. Every stud pitcher has a bad outing on occasion, you are right about that. But sometimes they are brought on because of an ongoing ailment. Whether it's a minor thing or not it's something to keep your eye on in fantasy circles IMO (and other Webb owners I presume are concerned too). I would prefer to not see him on the DL for a long period of time as I have him on 3 different teams.
Rockfan616
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 190
Joined: 4 Mar 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Brandon Webb got rocked today......

Postby Rockfan616 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:40 pm

cwrtlm wrote:
tiggis wrote:
Rockfan616 wrote:How many of you Webb owners besides me might be a little concerned about this?? I also want to hear from any D-Backs fans out there who can confirm that he wasn't throwing the ball all that well this spring before the opener. What do you all suppose the problem is with him?? Thanks!!!


I would not start to really be concerned until the next bad outting.

Opening day is a strange day for pitching and hitting.. too many nerves... too much distraction.

Lets see what does after some time with the pitching coach in the film room.. great pitchers are great because they adjust.

If he was so hurt that he pitched this badly.. they would have pulled him already.


See Example CC Sabathia 2008. Terrible to begin the year and then turned into a stud later. Patience, Patience or buy low!



That would be true about CC last year, however I think a lot of that success he had in the 2nd half of the year is because he was pitching in the NL against teams that hadn't seen him very much before. You don't have to face a pitcher hitting in the AL obviously, sometimes even the 8th place hitter in an NL lineup isn't all that special. I think that's why you saw CC dominate the way he did with the Brewers last year. Yes he did win the '07 Cy Young award in the AL, but he's going to be in for a rude awakening in the AL East this year (as his first start vs. the O's was an indication) as that's a tough division for any pitcher. It is only one start for Webb and for CC I know, but I heard Webb wasn't throwing well in spring training and has some shoulder stiffness so it could be a concern down the road IMO. Thanks for your reply!!!
Rockfan616
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 190
Joined: 4 Mar 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact