2 MAJOR MISTAKES I MADE - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2 MAJOR MISTAKES I MADE

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mookies right about you

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:00 pm

Andy1234 wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Do you know Carlos Lee's numbers from last year?!?!?
He bat around .300 and had 31 hrs.
Unpredictable? Could have a huge year? Did you miss 2003? THAT WAS HIS HUGE YEAR.
Look at the numbers.
269-24-89
.264-26-80
.301-31-113

He had been average from 1999 to 2002 and then last year broke out. B/c of his youth he has potential to put up 2003 numbers again and again.
Bad move taking Caberra over Lee.

And you Jackal. I have read some posts by you and wow. You must speak and words must fall out of your mouth that make no sense.
It does make some sense. Lee has one good year, that doesn't mean he is going to stay at that level. He could easily go back down to a .265 avg with 25 HR and 85 RBI.

If you need exaples of players breaking out one year after a few mediocre seasons and then dropping back down to mediocre, just look at Brady Anderson. I know the situation is diffeent but it does happen.

Oh and if your going to insult someone, at least registor.

Jackal said Lee is pretty bad but he isn't. He also said lee is inconsistent (or unpredictable). Again he isn't, you said it your self before last year he was penciled in for .265-25-85. BTW these aren't bad numbers for a 4th OF.
And when has Caberra had a good year? Tell me, tell me oh wait you can't. How old is Caberra 21, what about Lee? 27. He took his lumps and, IMO will continue to improve.

BTW if I wanted to register I would.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby jbones733 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:06 pm

yeah i am a white sox fan aslo, & saw Lee struggl, & struggle til last year, thats why i was hesitant on taking him, figure cabreras upside is better
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:06 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
LBJackal wrote:They're both pretty bad IMO. Lee is unpredictable, but he could have a huge year. I think Cabrera will still be figuring out the majors. He'll be great eventually though. If it's a keeper league, it might turn out to be for the best.

Sanchez over Baldelli is something I woudln't do. Sanchez can usually be taken in the last couple rounds. Baldelli has the potential put up decent power numbers, probably twice as good as Sanchez in HR and RBI. R and BA he should also have an advantage in. SB's obviously Sanchez should get more, so if you need SB's badly Sanchez is a good option. It just seems like you took him too early.

:-? 8-o :-? 8-o :-?
Do you know Carlos Lee's numbers from last year?!?!?
Unpredictable? Could have a huge year? Did you miss 2003? THAT WAS HIS HUGE YEAR.
Look at the numbers.
269-24-89
.264-26-80
.301-31-113

He had been average from 1999 to 2002 and then last year broke out. B/c of his youth he has potential to put up 2003 numbers again and again.

And you Jackal. I have read some posts by you and wow. You must speak and words must fall out of your mouth that make no sense.

Hence lee being unpredictable. When a player doesn't put up the same numbers every year doesn't that make that player unpredictable? Jackal said Lee could have a huge year. He didn't say Lee was going to have his breakout year. His breakout year was obviously last year. Jackal said he may have a huge year. nowhere did he say he didn't have a huge year last year. But Lee has been in the league for about 5-6 years now and just last year put up those numbers. So yeah I'd be a little hesitant to draft him as high as he's going right now cause he is a little UNPREDICTABLE!!!

But, getting back to the original question: I'd take Lee over Cabrera just because you could probably get Cabrera a few rounds after Lee.

Dawg, Dawg.
Jackal said he was pretty bad. That is what I am arguing. He also said he is unpredicatble. Ok he is unpredictable but we all have agreed that he is gong to do at least .265-25-85. So tell me again what is unpredictable?
Lee is not bad, lee is not unpredictable. HE is young and now experienced. I am not saying he is 5-7 round material but he is somewhere close. Look just b/c I am not registered doesn't mean I am not right. Get over the fact that you are registered and I am not.

Friendliness: %

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:10 pm

Jackal said Lee is pretty bad but he isn't. He also said lee is inconsistent (or unpredictable). Again he isn't, you said it your self before last year he was penciled in for .265-25-85. BTW these aren't bad numbers for a 4th OF.
And when has Caberra had a good year? Tell me, tell me oh wait you can't. How old is Caberra 21, what about Lee? 27. He took his lumps and, IMO will continue to improve.

When did Jackal say Lee is pretty bad? I believe he said the moves that the guy made where pretty bad. Which means he actually thought taking cabrera over Lee was a bad move. And here's what I believe Jackals point to be. Lee is not gauranteed to have the same numbers he put up last year. He was a mediocre player before last year so if he goes back to being a mediocre player taking Cabrera and his potential ahead of Lee's 'penciled in' .265, 25, 85 may turn out to be a good move for the original poster. Man, you should learn how to read and understand english before you come on here dissing a guy. You're argument is full of holes. Not to mention you went back a little bit on your original argument. Now you are saying to expect the same numbers as usual but maybe get last years number. hmmmm :-?

Seriously, Mookie is that you? I've read alot of posts of yours and you seem to have an axe to grind with Jackal.

Also, Jackal sorry to put words in your mouth and if what I've said isn't what you meant I appologize.
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:13 pm

HE SAID THE MOVES WERE PRETTY BAD!!!! Go back and read what he wrote. He was talking about the moves!!!!!!!!!
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jellyroll » Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:14 pm

LBJackal wrote:They're both pretty bad IMO. Lee is unpredictable, but he could have a huge year. I think Cabrera will still be figuring out the majors. He'll be great eventually though. If it's a keeper league, it might turn out to be for the best.
early.

To me it seems "They're both pretty bad IMO." refers to the 2 possible drafting mistakes, not directly referring to either Lee or C in the following sentence.

But in a non-keeper league I would have taken Lee over Cab an Roc over Dirty Sanchez.

in a keeper Cab>Lee.
jellyroll
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wkelly91 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:55 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Andy1234 wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Do you know Carlos Lee's numbers from last year?!?!?
Look at the numbers.
269-24-89
.264-26-80
.301-31-113

It does make some sense. Lee has one good year, that doesn't mean he is going to stay at that level. He could easily go back down to a .265 avg with 25 HR and 85 RBI.

If you need exaples of players breaking out one year after a few mediocre seasons and then dropping back down to mediocre, just look at Brady Anderson. I know the situation is diffeent but it does happen.

Oh and if your going to insult someone, at least registor.

Anyone who insults others and hides behind the "Guest" is a loser and not worth responding too. :-t
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers