2 MAJOR MISTAKES I MADE - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2 MAJOR MISTAKES I MADE

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

2 MAJOR MISTAKES I MADE

Postby jbones733 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:55 am

I Took M Cabrera ahead of C Lee (those pujols comparisons got to me)

& I took A Sanchez ahead of R Baldelli,

were these horrible moves ?? or could i benefit ?
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Andy1234 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:58 am

The first one was bad, the second one wasn't. But Cabrera could make the first one a good decision, plus he plays 3B and Lee only OF. Sanchez was a good pick if you needed SB.
I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. -Crash Davis

Stewie : [watching a baseball game] Why does that man drop his club before he runs? I would bring it with me!
Andy1234
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Los Angeles Cubs » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:59 am

I would take Lee over Cabrera. But the differance in Baldelli and Sanchez isnt too much.
Go Cubs!
Los Angeles Cubs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: 2 MAJOR MISTAKES I MADE

Postby shortsavage » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:07 am

jbones733 wrote:I Took M Cabrera ahead of C Lee (those pujols comparisons got to me)

& I took A Sanchez ahead of R Baldelli,

were these horrible moves ?? or could i benefit ?

At least you already know that you messed up.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby LBJackal » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:48 am

They're both pretty bad IMO. Lee is unpredictable, but he could have a huge year. I think Cabrera will still be figuring out the majors. He'll be great eventually though. If it's a keeper league, it might turn out to be for the best.

Sanchez over Baldelli is something I woudln't do. Sanchez can usually be taken in the last couple rounds. Baldelli has the potential put up decent power numbers, probably twice as good as Sanchez in HR and RBI. R and BA he should also have an advantage in. SB's obviously Sanchez should get more, so if you need SB's badly Sanchez is a good option. It just seems like you took him too early.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby red » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:44 am

in a keeper league, you're not far off.
red
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mookies right about you

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:39 pm

LBJackal wrote:They're both pretty bad IMO. Lee is unpredictable, but he could have a huge year. I think Cabrera will still be figuring out the majors. He'll be great eventually though. If it's a keeper league, it might turn out to be for the best.

Sanchez over Baldelli is something I woudln't do. Sanchez can usually be taken in the last couple rounds. Baldelli has the potential put up decent power numbers, probably twice as good as Sanchez in HR and RBI. R and BA he should also have an advantage in. SB's obviously Sanchez should get more, so if you need SB's badly Sanchez is a good option. It just seems like you took him too early.

:-? 8-o :-? 8-o :-?
Do you know Carlos Lee's numbers from last year?!?!?
He bat around .300 and had 31 hrs.
Unpredictable? Could have a huge year? Did you miss 2003? THAT WAS HIS HUGE YEAR.
Look at the numbers.
269-24-89
.264-26-80
.301-31-113

He had been average from 1999 to 2002 and then last year broke out. B/c of his youth he has potential to put up 2003 numbers again and again.
Bad move taking Caberra over Lee.

And you Jackal. I have read some posts by you and wow. You must speak and words must fall out of your mouth that make no sense.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Re: Mookies right about you

Postby Andy1234 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:45 pm

Anonymous wrote:Do you know Carlos Lee's numbers from last year?!?!?
Unpredictable? Could have a huge year? Did you miss 2003? THAT WAS HIS HUGE YEAR.
Look at the numbers.
269-24-89
.264-26-80
.301-31-113

He had been average from 1999 to 2002 and then last year broke out. B/c of his youth he has potential to put up 2003 numbers again and again.

And you Jackal. I have read some posts by you and wow. You must speak and words must fall out of your mouth that make no sense.
It does make some sense. Lee has one good year, that doesn't mean he is going to stay at that level. He could easily go back down to a .265 avg with 25 HR and 85 RBI.

If you need exaples of players breaking out one year after a few mediocre seasons and then dropping back down to mediocre, just look at Brady Anderson. I know the situation is diffeent but it does happen.

Oh and if your going to insult someone, at least registor.
I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. -Crash Davis

Stewie : [watching a baseball game] Why does that man drop his club before he runs? I would bring it with me!
Andy1234
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Re: Mookies right about you

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:47 pm

Anonymous wrote:
LBJackal wrote:They're both pretty bad IMO. Lee is unpredictable, but he could have a huge year. I think Cabrera will still be figuring out the majors. He'll be great eventually though. If it's a keeper league, it might turn out to be for the best.

:-? 8-o :-? 8-o :-?
Do you know Carlos Lee's numbers from last year?!?!?
Look at the numbers.
269-24-89
.264-26-80
.301-31-113

Hence lee being unpredictable. When a player doesn't put up the same numbers every year doesn't that make that player unpredictable? Jackal said Lee could have a huge year. He didn't say Lee was going to have his breakout year. His breakout year was obviously last year. Jackal said he may have a huge year. nowhere did he say he didn't have a huge year last year. But Lee has been in the league for about 5-6 years now and just last year put up those numbers. So yeah I'd be a little hesitant to draft him as high as he's going right now cause he is a little UNPREDICTABLE!!!

But, getting back to the original question: I'd take Lee over Cabrera just because you could probably get Cabrera a few rounds after Lee.
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:51 pm

And I agree, if you're going to insult someone at least register so you're not hiding behind the guest tag. Cause by the subject line you obviously are a regular. Hell maybe you're mookie himself and are just trying to rally up some back. The point is because you said that under the guest tag noone really cares.
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers