Has anyone used leaguesafe for league funds? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Has anyone used leaguesafe for league funds?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Has anyone used leaguesafe for league funds?

Postby Carnac » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:35 pm

Can you tell me your experiences with them?

Any input would be appreciated.
Carnac
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 71)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Has anyone used leaguesafe for league funds?

Postby HustlinOwl » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:18 pm

First time using leaguesafe for my fantasy baseball league, but so far great service. Also used it for a small NCAA tournament pool. Only downside maybe the payout structure.

Send a visa debit card to winner for free of charge.
E-check to bank account for $5
Mailed paper check for 99 cents
HustlinOwl
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eneric » Wed May 20, 2009 10:16 am

Never heard of it, I may have to give it a try.
eneric
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 32)

Postby saberotica » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:22 pm

Hoping to get an update on this topic.

How have peoples experience with leaguesafe been?

Im starting a new league and would like to use this site for both that league and my old keeper league, but want to make sure its not going to be worse then my normal use of paypal.

Any input is appreciated
saberotica
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby HustlinOwl » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:12 pm

saberotica wrote:Hoping to get an update on this topic.

Im starting a new league and would like to use this site for both that league and my old keeper league, but want to make sure its not going to be worse then my normal use of paypal.

Any input is appreciated

As I have stated above I love it and used it again for my fantasy basketball league. Great for leagues with strangers.

Tried to start a football league, but had to cancel due to flaky owners not paying before the draft. Everyone got a refund with no problems.
HustlinOwl
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigmck » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:14 pm

How is everyone sending their money to LeagueSafe any better? The Commish still has to tell LeagueSafe who to send the money to after the season doesn't he? The Commish could just have it sent to himself just like without LeagueSafe. Are there some safeguards I don't know about?
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Postby Chaos151p » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:19 pm

LeagueSafe is absolutely perfect. I've been using it since the start of NFL, for survivor pools / brackets / leagues. The two main payment options are e-check and credit card, either pay directly from your checking account or credit card (it can't get easier). The site has been featured in The Wall Street Journal twice, they also hold your league funds in an FDIC insured bank. They basically collect the money for you, keep the small interest it gets, and let the winner withdraw money when the league is over.

The deadlines I've set are great, owners can see what they owe and when they owe it - you can set reminders to send out, you can adjust league fees (for baseball) for individual owners.

I love running pools & leagues and this site takes all the hard work away from me, no more collecting checks and depositing / holding and trying not to spend the money before I owe it back at the end of the season.It's perfectly legit and easy for people to use.

I'm running a $10 MLB Homerun pool this year, unlimited entries - I'll post more details later, but league safe allows me to set the original fee at $10 and if you select 4 or 5 teams - I can set your individual fee at $40 or $50. Everyone can see who paid and who didn't, how much the winnings are. You can even set a voting process to allow owners a say in who gets the winnings, or have it set to commissioner allocates the prize fund.

Any more questions don't hesitate to ask.
Chaos151p
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Chaos151p » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:22 pm

bigmck wrote:How is everyone sending their money to LeagueSafe any better? The Commish still has to tell LeagueSafe who to send the money to after the season doesn't he? The Commish could just have it sent to himself just like without LeagueSafe. Are there some safeguards I don't know about?

About the safegaurd, the commish can setup a voting process for fund allocation. At the end of the season, the Commish tells league safe who won money and how much. All owners then need to vote weather the funds are correct, if there isn't a 51% majority vote Yes, then I believe the funds are sent back to each owner after like 45 days or something.

If you have a trustworthy commish then he can just allocate the funds, no voting necessary - he just needs to setup the league on leaguesafe that way.
Chaos151p
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Chaos151p » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:26 pm

saberotica wrote:Hoping to get an update on this topic.

Any input is appreciated

When setting up a league on leaguesafe, you have the option for e-check only deposits (which would be free of charge) or e-check & credit card (which charges 3% continence fee), basically for allowing credit card transactions.

Go with e-check only and you'll save each owner and yourself on the PayPal fees.
Chaos151p
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Commissioner's Corner