Motte Blown Save - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Motte Blown Save

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Motte Blown Save

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:34 pm

Crazed98 wrote:I had just picked this guy up this morning....... why :~(

I'll give him another shot but hopfully H Bell stays hidden on my League's FA list :-* sshhh

u picked motte up this morning and heath bell is still sitting on FA? i think u need some better competition in your league... but in any event, go snag heath bell before ur league wakes up
10-Team 8x8 h2h

C VMart
1B MCab
2B Stewart
3B Zimmerman
SS Ramirez
OF Manny,BJUpton,Braun
Ut Rios
Ut Pierre
BN Quentin,Snider,Berkman,Bruce

SP Kershaw,Gallardo,Hanson,Liriano,Holland,JGarcia,Romero
RP KRod,Marmol,Feliz,Wagner,Dotel
DL BAnderson
NYMetsIn2k4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bazzy_51 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:15 am

TheNephilim wrote:Chuckle Chuckle....sorry as a former perez owner and someone who missed the bus on the Motte craze i took some pleasure from seeing his line today.

haha love it... yes i know its only one outing, but come on the pirates?? look back at the Motte/Perez thread, i STILL and always will stand behind my Perez statement... all of a sudden after that post and after tonights blow up people are commenting on his only 'having one pitch' where were these comments in that thread when there were soooo many backing up how Motte had so much more talent then Perez?? and infact i don't see the line where Perez gave up 4 earned to blow a save last year either... still have a TON of love for Perez, and soon St Louis will, its all about getting Perez back up to speed, like i said earlier, after the injury in ST... Motte AGAIN is just holding the spot for Perez (and so far not doing a very good job might i add...)

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby bazzy_51 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:33 am

bazzy_51 wrote:
TheNephilim wrote:Chuckle Chuckle....sorry as a former perez owner and someone who missed the bus on the Motte craze i took some pleasure from seeing his line today.

haha love it... yes i know its only one outing, but come on the pirates, jack wilson at that?? look back at the Motte/Perez thread, i STILL and always will stand behind my Perez statement... all of a sudden after that post and after tonights blow up people are commenting on his only 'having one pitch' where were these comments in that thread when there were soooo many backing up how Motte had so much more talent then Perez?? and infact i don't see the line where Perez gave up 4 earned to blow a save last year either... still have a TON of love for Perez, and soon St Louis will, its all about getting Perez back up to speed, like i said earlier, after the injury in ST... Motte AGAIN is just holding the spot for Perez (and so far not doing a very good job might i add...)

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Crazed98 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:36 am

NYMetsIn2k4 wrote:

I'll give him another shot but hopfully H Bell stays hidden on my League's FA list :-* sshhh

u picked motte up this morning and heath bell is still sitting on FA? i think u need some better competition in your league... but in any event, go snag heath bell before ur league wakes up

Yea I think half of my Fox Sports league is AWOL lol Qualls was FA too until someone picked him up and dropped Bell.
Crazed98
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Rockfan616 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:42 am

Well, Motte does definitely need to pick up another pitch. Not everyone can go thru their career with only one pitch and always be successful. Have there been any other closers who have done that BESIDES Mariano Rivera?? You know the cutter is coming from Mo, but most of the time you can't hit it. That being said Motte still has a lot of potential and it is just one outing, but I sure hope Dave Duncan can find something offspeed to add to Motte's pitching arsenal before he ends up in Memphis before the first week of the season is over with!! :-o
Rockfan616
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RodaRage » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:53 am

As a Mott owner as well as a Chris Ray owner, I dont need to tell you guys i had a rough afternoon yesterday...I had my finger on the panic button but was talked down with a few sweet bottles of Tecate! As far as Mott goes, yeah,pretty bad outing BUT did you see that pitch Wilson(i think?) hit, a 97mph heater up. Not a bad pitch just have to tip your cap on that one, unfortunatly. So i'll stay positive on Mott, Chris Ray on the other hand,loos like Sherril IS the closer for Baltimore.
It's not how many Fantasy Mags you get can through...It's how many get through to you.
RodaRage
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby fisha697 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:15 am

I'm currently not the proud owner of motte but would like to have the potential cards closer. I just picked up Perez. Is this a smart move even though hes still in the minors for now, or should I have gone with Franklin or Thompson?
fisha697
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Neboguy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:34 pm

Chris Perez closes by early May . . . pick him up now and thank me later!
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

Please Leave Feedback!

Neboguy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mortician » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:58 pm

Motte should have been out of the inning before sanchez even came up on the 2 strike low outside pitch call that clearly had the corner. Even the Pitchtracker graphic showed it caught plenty of the plate. He got a little rattled after that. Thats the first time he has blown up like that in ST, or his major league career (short as it may be). I'm still keeping him. If this becomes a regular occurrence, then I'll worry.
Mortician
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Padres Fan » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:18 pm

Dude pick up bell, he won't last long on your waivers

help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=376989
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates