Don't feel too good about this team...what do you think? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Don't feel too good about this team...what do you think?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Don't feel too good about this team...what do you think?

Postby JagATC » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:35 pm

10 team, 5x5 roto with standard scoring categories. We only have 1 catcher position. I've got a feeling my power numbers are down and my pitching is questionable at best. Think I was too concerned about speed during the draft, thus Roberts, Ichiro, Milledge, Damon, Theriot.

C - Iannetta
1B- Miguel Cabrera
2B - Brian Robets
SS - Stephen Drew
3B - Chris Davis
MI - Ryan Theriot
CI - Adrian Gonzalez
OF - Johnny Damon
OF - Andre Ethier
OF - Josh Hamilton
OF - Lastings Milledge
OF - Carlos Quentin
DH - Travis Ishikawa
P - Chad Billingsley
P - Zack Greinke
P - Randy Johnson
P - Scott Kazmir
p - Ted Lilly
p - Dice K Matsuzaka
p - Heath Bell
p - Jokaim Soria
p - Carlos Villanueva

Bench, Injured, and Minors - Ichiro (DL), Mike Jacobs, Yunel Escobar, Armando Galarraga, Kenshin Kawakami, George Sherrill, Matt LaPorta
JagATC
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Don't feel too good about this team...what do you think?

Postby CrashDavisAllStars » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:03 pm

I don't think you have a bad team, but I think you need several things to go your way in order to contend. You have a decent pitching staff with Kazmir and DiceK as your studs. I LOVE Chad Billingsley as a player, but he can be very inconsistent for fantasy purposes. You really need him to have a break-through year and have Soria pitch like he did last year. The rest of your staff is serviceable but not too exciting. As far as your offense goes, it could be very powerful - if Quentin and Hamilton can repeat their performances of last year. If all those things happen and MCab and Brian Roberts return to form, you could have an exciting year. I don't expect much out of Damon any more, and I really don't trust Milledge - although he does have tons of talent. Please overlook Ishikawa'a amazing spring numbers - if his regular season performance is even remotly close to his spring performance I will be truely shocked. I expect Adrian Gonzalez's numbers to drop some, especially the RBI and runs. The Pads are awful and his opportunities in those two categories will more than likely suffer. Still a good player, though. Drew and Ethier are both good prospects playing on good teams. They should both get plenty of opportunities to put up better numbers than last year. Whether they take advantage of those oppertunities remains to be seen. I probably have not told you much that you didn't already know, but I don't think you need to feel bad about this team at all. Just hope things go your way this year....
CrashDavisAllStars
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Hit Factory » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:26 am

You should feel pretty good about this team lol, you have a very solid squad! I love the Adrian Gonzalez pick for CI, as I have stated in many of my other posts, I think he is vastly underrated and he is a terrific "bargain," pick. The previous poster mentioned that you would need a few young players to produce in order for you to be a contender, I would concur with this statement. I think you will need Stephen Drew, Chris Davis, and Billingsley to all put up big numbers in order for you to rise to the top of the standings. The good news is that imo these players will have a big year in 2009 and you should reap the benefits!
Hit Factory
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby D_LAW » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:58 pm

Wow, stellar roster. You have a perfect mix between speed and power. It's great. I agree with Drew and Ethier putting up big stats will definitely help you out a lot.
D_LAW
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Padres Fan » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:33 pm

Your offense is killer

I would worry about pitching but should do okay

help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=376989
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team