Help my team? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Help my team? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help my team? WHIR

Postby sting93 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:08 pm

5x5 Ten team mixed league. Will Help in return.

C - McCann, R. Hernandez
1B- Teixeira
2B- Kendrick
3B- Huff
SS- S. Drew
CI- Figgins
MI- O. Cabrera
OF- Sizemore, Holliday, Ludwick, Abreu, Dye
Util - M. Reynolds
Bench- Adam Jones, B. Butler, Elvis Andrus, Cody Ross

SP- Webb, Oswalt, Joba, Nolasco, Verlander
RP- Heath Bell, Jason Motte, B. Morrow, B. Ziegler
Bench - J. Cueto, Sonnanstine, C. Marmol

Also, would you do a trade of Kendrick Joba and Ziegler for Dan Uggla and Chris Young (SP)?
Sox, Jays, Sens, and Raps...
sting93
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Help my team? WHIR

Postby Swept Away » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:28 am

Looks like you have a solid all-around team. Nice job! I wouldn't take that trade, I think you're better off with Joba, Kendrick, and Ziegler.

Please rate my team: http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=376741
Swept Away
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 7)

Postby Hit Factory » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:10 pm

Pretty good team, I will tell you the same thing I told another Brandon Webb owner, sell high. I know it might sound crazy but I think he will have an off year, he wasn't pitching great in the last half of 2008, he had a terrible spring training, and got shelled in his first start of 2009. I would see what you can get for him, (maybe package him with a hitter.) If by any chance you could land Halladay for him I would do it in a heartbeat since he might get traded to a contender before the deadline.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=373182
Hit Factory
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby ROC AllStars » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:24 pm

This is a pretty good squad. Here are the weaknesses, as I see them:

2B: Kendrick may not ever live up to his potential. I would be looking for backup options at 2B.

3B: Depending on your expectations. Huff won't repeat last years numbers. But it is reasonable to expect .280/20-25/80-90.

RP: As I'm sure you've noticed, Morrow and Motte could be liabilities. And we can't be sure what will happen in Oakland as the season progresses. I like you're backup with Marmol, but it appears that right now Gregg's job is safe.

Your SP's are fine as they are. Verlander, though he has given us no real indication of this, should be a good rebound candidate this year. Webb may not repeat his W total, but he's still the second safest ace around. The safest ace is Oswalt, IMO. He's a machine. I agree that you're better off with Joba than C Young. Joba has more upside and plays for a far better team, even considering the cavernous park in SD.

Good luck!

Help if you can:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=376456
"This guy leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair..."
ROC AllStars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 11)

Postby CharlatanSin » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:00 pm

In response to Hit Factory's comment, as another Webb owner, I'm not sure trading him right now is a good move. He didn't throw well all spring, and nobody knows how bad his shoulder is. I'm feeling like an idiot for taking him, but I think we're stuck. He has low value right now. Maybe if he comes back and strings together a couple of nice starts.

As for the rest of the team, it looks solid. You've got a very volatile RP group, of course. Keep completely on top of the closer thread and the WW. Your offense is a nice balanced attack. Enough power and enough speed, though you won't dominate in either. It's nicely put together, and it doesn't look like you need a lot of guys to come through with career years.

Help my team out if you have time?
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=374875&p=3024807#p3024807
She said always remember never to trust me
She said that the first night that she met me
She said "there's gonna be a time when I'm gonna have to go with whoever's gonna get me the highest."
CharlatanSin
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thejusman1 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:47 am

I like this team a lot, and I think it's very important you do that Uggla trade. It'll give you increased power at 2B. I think your starting rotation wouldn't take that big of a downgrade.

Help on mine? http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=377519
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Postby TheWrightStuff » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:46 am

sting93 wrote:5x5 Ten team mixed league. Will Help in return.

C - McCann, R. Hernandez
1B- Teixeira
2B- Kendrick
3B- Huff
SS- S. Drew
CI- Figgins
MI- O. Cabrera
OF- Sizemore, Holliday, Ludwick, Abreu, Dye
Util - M. Reynolds
Bench- Adam Jones, B. Butler, Elvis Andrus, Cody Ross

SP- Webb, Oswalt, Joba, Nolasco, Verlander
RP- Heath Bell, Jason Motte, B. Morrow, B. Ziegler
Bench - J. Cueto, Sonnanstine, C. Marmol

Also, would you do a trade of Kendrick Joba and Ziegler for Dan Uggla and Chris Young (SP)?

I'll do a whole breakdown
Catcher, 1st, and SS are all solid.
You are gonna be soft in the middle with Kendrick and Figgins but get Average and decent speed numbers. I think your OF can compensate with the lack of pop but I wouldn't bank on Kendrick. I think he's an over glorified singles hitter until proven otherwise (Freddy Sanchez). I would try and swing a deal or see other options out there (Aaron Hill is a nice bounceback candidate). I'd try and move Ludwick or Dye for a middle infielder with pop and a decent avg. (Maybe Holliday for Utley?) I like Adam Jones this year to be an impact player and you should get him in your lineup. If Webb is half of what he is you still have a solid staff. If he goes down you might be in a little trouble. I like Verlander as a 5th starter and is low risk. Sonnastine is a bum though. I might just dump him for an infielder. Your pen is shaky but 4 closers are 4 closers. Keep an eye on Ziegler's numbers, especially his walks, he does not have classic closers "stuff". If he falters Santiago Casilla could be a darkhorse.

I don't like that trade for you simply because it's rough to carry Mark Reynolds and Uggla in any format. If you don't like Joba' upside I'd still do it and bench Reynolds in favor of Jones. Ziegler is a nonfactor in the deal because in 2 months someone will get hurt and you can just pick up another closer.

Help me?
viewtopic.php?t=377545
"There are only two places in the league - first place and no place." Tom Seaver
TheWrightStuff
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team