League VETOERS problem... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

League VETOERS problem...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

League VETOERS problem...

Postby bazzy_51 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:55 pm

Ok so i think i may be having an issue in one of my leagues already... 3 trades have been accepted, only one has gone through and i think guys are just getting pissed cuz they aren't invovled in these trades, as 1 team has been involved in all three and one other manager with 2 trades...

12 team h2h league standard 5x5 + BB, TB, 2B, OBP + Holds, Shutouts, Quality Starts, K/9

trade that went through:

Team A Gives: Josh Beckett/Jordan Zimmerman (we have a minor league system)
Team B Gives: Roy Halladay

2 trades that got vetoed:

Team A Gives: Nelson Cruz/Johnny Cueto
Team B Gives: Matt Kemp
reason from the league being the Kemp side is giving WAY too much and the draft positions of each

Team A Gives: Jayson Werth/Ublado Jimenez
Team B Gives: Alfonso Soriano
reason hear being that Werth only showed flashes for a year, same as Jimenez, where as Soriano has been doing it for years (im thinking to myself ok so why was the Kemp deal vetoed as he has only done it really for a year but...)

Now to mean NONE of those are veto worthy, i mean hell its a keeper league and the quality of players on both sides seem to be very very equal... now what should i do as i as the league commish is involved in all three and don't want to pitch to much of a fit so that everyone thinks im just using my league manager tools to my advantage...

so now what do i do, or can i do to try to get this league out of the 'veto every trade that comes through' mentality?

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: League VETOERS problem...

Postby Yanks_Baby » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:58 pm

From a philosophical stand point, none of those are vetoable. I only veto trades that are collusion.cheating. However ,from a purely value stand point, those vetoes make perfect sense. As much as you justify it, the value of both sides aren't even close to even. I don't veto unless there's collusion, but I understand these vetos. I'd be upset, but no outraged.
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:59 pm

I'm more shocked that names like Halladay, Kemp, and Soriano are being traded before Opening Day than anything else. If these guys wanted their lesser 2s they're receiving for their stud, why didn't they just draft them in the first place?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby J35J » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:21 pm

bigh0rt wrote:I'm more shocked that names like Halladay, Kemp, and Soriano are being traded before Opening Day than anything else. If these guys wanted their lesser 2s they're receiving for their stud, why didn't they just draft them in the first place?

Exactly.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby bazzy_51 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:34 pm

J35J wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:I'm more shocked that names like Halladay, Kemp, and Soriano are being traded before Opening Day than anything else. If these guys wanted their lesser 2s they're receiving for their stud, why didn't they just draft them in the first place?

Exactly.

in regards to this... the Kemp deal, guy said he really didn't believe in what Kemp did last year, and looking at Cruz's minor league stats there was no way this guy couldn't compete a the big level, and he also needed a cheaper arm (pretty decent one in Cueto i think)... the halladay trade, guy didn't think it was that big of a drop off to beckett (with the better defense and lineup behind him in boston) and also the ability to get a strong young arm for his minor league system in Zimmerman... Soriano deal alot of people are looking for a possible 15/20 even 20/20 year, not to mention a strong strong #4 SP (in a league where you have to start 5 SP)... didn't really think these trades were THAT far off?

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Holein1 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:36 pm

we changed our rule in our league this year. No vetos anymore...we post the trade on this website and let the cafe members decide if it is a vetoable trade.

There is no emotional attachment then.
Holein1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 10)

Postby RAmst23 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:38 pm

In my time playing fantasy baseball, I think I've made about 2 pre-season trades ever. If I wanted those players in the first place I would have drafted them.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby J35J » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:46 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:
J35J wrote:

Exactly.

in regards to this... the Kemp deal, guy said he really didn't believe in what Kemp did last year, and looking at Cruz's minor league stats there was no way this guy couldn't compete a the big level, and he also needed a cheaper arm (pretty decent one in Cueto i think)... the halladay trade, guy didn't think it was that big of a drop off to beckett (with the better defense and lineup behind him in boston) and also the ability to get a strong young arm for his minor league system in Zimmerman... Soriano deal alot of people are looking for a possible 15/20 even 20/20 year, not to mention a strong strong #4 SP (in a league where you have to start 5 SP)... didn't really think these trades were THAT far off?

Actually they are pretty terrible.

Kemp is a 3rd, maybe 4th rounder
Cruz is a 10-12th rounder
Cueto is a 15-20th rounder

Soriano is a 2nd rounder
Werth is a 10-12th rounder
Jimenez is a 15-20th rounder
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby AcidRock23 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:53 pm

Holein1 wrote:we changed our rule in our league this year. No vetos anymore...we post the trade on this website and let the cafe members decide if it is a vetoable trade.

There is no emotional attachment then.

That's an interesting idea!! It makes sense to solicit an unbiased, outside opinion like that.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby Yanks_Baby » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:54 pm

J35J wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote:
J35J wrote:
Exactly.

Actually they are pretty terrible.

Kemp is a 3rd, maybe 4th rounder
Cruz is a 10-12th rounder
Cueto is a 15-20th rounder

Soriano is a 2nd rounder
Werth is a 10-12th rounder
Jimenez is a 15-20th rounder

+1

There is NO justifying these trades. I'm sorry.
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers