12 team, H2H, 5x5 - Had 7th Pick. How does it look? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

12 team, H2H, 5x5 - Had 7th Pick. How does it look? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

12 team, H2H, 5x5 - Had 7th Pick. How does it look? WHIR

Postby meotraix » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:49 pm

Anyone have suggestions for trades to make? I wanna move some OF to make room for some sleeper picks off the free agent pool. I also have little confidence in my C, 2B, and SS. I'm fairly confident in my pitching staff but I don't think I'll be dominant in WHIP.

My team below:

Dioner Navarro
Miguel Cabrera
Jose Lopez
Aramiz Ramirez
JJ Hardy
Carlos Beltran
Shane Victorino
Jacob Ellsbury
Joey Votto
Adam Jones

Brandon Webb
Chad Billingsley
Brian Fuente
Chad Qualls
James Shield
Matt Cain
Max Scherzer
Briad Ziegler
Carlos Villaneuva
Jered Weaver
Ubaldo Jimenez
meotraix
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 12 team, H2H, 5x5 - Had 7th Pick. How does it look? WHIR

Postby meotraix » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:45 pm

No thoughts?
meotraix
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby dsbkoko » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:04 pm

Your hitters look solid, Hardy will do well this year, And although Lopez, Jones and Hardy a little can hurt average, it is H2H and Cabrera, Victorino, and hopefully Ellsbury will help out there

Pitching wise you've got 3.5 closers (as Villanueva probably won't last), but I'm concerned about Fuentes, as is everyone else I'm sure. Weaver is iffy, but the rest are great... use that DL spot if you can (Scherzer?) and pick up Arredondo... or some reliever. Middle relief could help your WHIP
dsbkoko
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Hit Factory » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:54 am

Hey there, you have a really solid team. Jose Lopez could be a bit shaky but besides the usual suspects at 2nd base everyone else is all pretty similar, just keep an eye on the WW for any emerging studs that could be upgrades. I said a few weeks ago that I had a feeling that Webb was not going to have a great season, he got shelled in spring training, and even though I usually don't put much emphasis on that I just did not like the way he was throwing. Its a long season, but after his first regular season start its not encouraging. If you could swing a 1-1 deal and sell high I might go for it, (Webb for Halladay, or Hamels would be something I would strongly consider.) Good luck!

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=373182
Hit Factory
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby jackie hayes » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:59 pm

You should have steals locked down. It's not a team with a ton of power, though, despite MCab & Aramis. Having both Victorino and Ellsbury will drag your hr & rbi totals down (though on rbi, it depends on where Victorino hits). Having some power in the middle infield helps in that way, so I don't think Lopez and Hardy are bad fits for your team. Pitching looks great. Overall, solid team, just watch those hr + rbi numbers you're getting. At catcher, I'd look to stash Wieters if he's available (or comes available). He could be a big upgrade over Navarro in the power categories, once he's called up.
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 90)

Postby meotraix » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:04 am

Since my post I've traded away M-Cab/Jose Lopez for Utley/Cliff Lee. I'm on the verge of possibly acquiring Doumit/Harden for Victorino/Cain. I also moved Scherzer to the DL and picked up Fred Lewis.

Better outlook for my team?
meotraix
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby caliendo » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:47 am

I think those trades really helped upgrade your team. With Utley and Lee it should help you out in both positions. Losing Cabrera is big, but not that big. Good trade.

If the other trade goes through too, I think you're team is in really good position.

Help me out too?

viewtopic.php?t=377164
caliendo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jackie hayes » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:09 pm

Personally, I don't like those trades at all. Losing Cabrera is huge, imo. Down season in 2008, but usually one of the top 5/10 hitters in baseball. Yes, Votto is a good player, but when Votto's spot is then taken up by Fred Lewis, that's a monster dropoff, especially for a team that should already dominate in steals. Utley's a great player, but I think you're underestimating Lopez. Guy's just going into his age-25 year, so there's no reason to think last year's power was a complete fluke. And I don't fault anyone for drafting Cliff Lee after his CY year, but his career whip is much higher than last year's 1.1, so don't count on anything like the same performance.

And I like Doumit, but he's still just a catcher. And I avoid Harden in h2h leagues. He'll usually be very good when he pitches, but don't count on the fantasy playoffs being one of those times. Plus, I'm a big fan of Cain, but that's just me.
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 90)

Postby Padres Fan » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:22 pm

dsbkoko wrote:Your hitters look solid, Hardy will do well this year, And although Lopez, Jones and Hardy a little can hurt average, it is H2H and Cabrera, Victorino, and hopefully Ellsbury will help out there

Pitching wise you've got 3.5 closers (as Villanueva probably won't last), but I'm concerned about Fuentes, as is everyone else I'm sure. Weaver is iffy, but the rest are great... use that DL spot if you can (Scherzer?) and pick up Arredondo... or some reliever. Middle relief could help your WHIP

I dont see how Adam Jones will hurt your average he looks .280 15/20 this year

you do have a glut of OF speed, my recommendation is to trade Ellsbury for a a better catcher, both him and Victorino are similar, but Victorino has more pop, Ellsbury has better name reconigtion due to his team.

Trading Miggy was a bad move, even for Utley, Cliff Lee had a bad opening day outing

Miggy .310 35hrs 125rbi vs Joey Votto .280 30hrs 100rbi, also remember the Reds suck and the Tigers are stacked offensively

Utley .290 25hrs 100rbi vs Jose Lopez .270 15hrs 80rbi, Utley wins there but not at Miggy's expense

Also I would drop Villanueva for another SP

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=377206
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby meotraix » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:58 am

Just to explain my reasoning for the deals:

- Utley will provide similar returns in BA to M-Cab
- Utley runs potential is greater than M-Cab but both could end up being similar
- Utley will definitely steal more bases. 10-15 is likely.
- M-Cab will definitely have more RBIs (by a magnitude of 10-20) and HR (5-12)

- Cliff Lee will regress but I like his chances of being a solid starter.
- I think Jose Lopez will likely stay around the 280/80/15/80 area. Solid, not spectacular

- I plan on trading Ellsbury or Victorino for a more top-tier C, that will likely double Navarro's production in runs, RBIs, and HRs in hopes of negating the drop-off from M-Cab to Utley.
- Picking up Fred Lewis (potential 15-20 HR/20-30 SB guy) helps offset the loss of a speedy OF that gets shipped out.
meotraix
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team