When do Wieters and Price get called up? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

When do Wieters and Price get called up?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: When do Wieters and Price get called up?

Postby RRGL1 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:16 pm

Wieters and Price faceoff tonight in AAA. 8-o
RRGL1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 536
Joined: 13 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: When do Wieters and Price get called up?

Postby dragoon » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:50 pm

RRGL1 wrote:Wieters and Price faceoff tonight in AAA. 8-o

I hope the universe doesn't explode. :-D
dragoon
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 270
Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: When do Wieters and Price get called up?

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:52 pm

dragoon wrote:
RRGL1 wrote:Wieters and Price faceoff tonight in AAA. 8-o

I hope the universe doesn't explode. :-D


Postponed. :-C
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11421
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Re: When do Wieters and Price get called up?

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:01 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
dragoon wrote:
RRGL1 wrote:Wieters and Price faceoff tonight in AAA. 8-o

I hope the universe doesn't explode. :-D


Postponed. :-C


It would have been too much for the fans to handle. The Cafe should have sent a beat writer to cover this matchup.
Image
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 5243
(Past Year: 55)
Joined: 9 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: When do Wieters and Price get called up?

Postby West » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:31 pm

Haha, this thread is pretty funny.

Anyway, come on up, David Price. Here's Niemann's line so far tonight:

- B. Roberts ground rule double to deep right center
- B. Roberts stole third
- A. Jones hit by pitch
- N. Markakis ground rule double to deep center, B. Roberts scored, A. Jones to third
- A. Huff walked
- M. Mora homered to deep left center, A. Huff, A. Jones and N. Markakis scored
- T. Wigginton singled to right
- F. Pie fouled out to first
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1519
(Past Year: 85)
Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: When do Wieters and Price get called up?

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:09 pm

West wrote:Haha, this thread is pretty funny.

Anyway, come on up, David Price. Here's Niemann's line so far tonight:

- B. Roberts ground rule double to deep right center
- B. Roberts stole third
- A. Jones hit by pitch
- N. Markakis ground rule double to deep center, B. Roberts scored, A. Jones to third
- A. Huff walked
- M. Mora homered to deep left center, A. Huff, A. Jones and N. Markakis scored
- T. Wigginton singled to right
- F. Pie fouled out to first


Final line: 4 walks, 6 hits, 6 ER, 3 Ks in 5.1. He's a reliever I'm telling ya. :-D

Looking at the line of the Price vs. Wieters game, it looks like Price got the upper hand, head to head, but his performance was far from impressive (according to the line only). Wieters struck out twice, walked once, was 0-4. Price only went 3.2 however, walking 2, giving up 4 hits, 2 ER, and striking out 4. Anyway, in the actual head to head, Price struck Wieters out looking in his first AB and walked him in his second. How exciting.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11421
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Re: When do Wieters and Price get called up?

Postby West » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:09 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
West wrote:Haha, this thread is pretty funny.

Anyway, come on up, David Price. Here's Niemann's line so far tonight:

- B. Roberts ground rule double to deep right center
- B. Roberts stole third
- A. Jones hit by pitch
- N. Markakis ground rule double to deep center, B. Roberts scored, A. Jones to third
- A. Huff walked
- M. Mora homered to deep left center, A. Huff, A. Jones and N. Markakis scored
- T. Wigginton singled to right
- F. Pie fouled out to first


Final line: 4 walks, 6 hits, 6 ER, 3 Ks in 5.1. He's a reliever I'm telling ya. :-D

Looking at the line of the Price vs. Wieters game, it looks like Price got the upper hand, head to head, but his performance was far from impressive (according to the line only). Wieters struck out twice, walked once, was 0-4. Price only went 3.2 however, walking 2, giving up 4 hits, 2 ER, and striking out 4. Anyway, in the actual head to head, Price struck Wieters out looking in his first AB and walked him in his second. How exciting.


Wieters was actually curing cancer in his head during those at bats though...
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1519
(Past Year: 85)
Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Oct. 22
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact