How's my team looking? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How's my team looking? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How's my team looking? WHIR

Postby MadduxWasJuiced » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:12 pm

Drafted a H2H-each 10 teamer on ESPN. Tell me what you think and where I could improve, thanks!

C Victor Martinez
1B Ryan Howard
2B Howie Kendrick
3B Melvin Mora
SS Jimmy Rollins
2B/SS Jose Lopez
1B/3B Justin Morneau
OF Matt Kemp
OF Bobby Abreu
OF Jermaine Dye
OF Conor Jackson
OF Willy Taveras
UTIL Joey Votto (1B)
Bench Kelly Shoppach (C)
Bench Khalil Greene (SS)
Bench

SP Francisco Liriano
SP Felix Hernandez
SP Ted Lilly
SP Josh Johnson
SP Mark Buehrle
SP Chris Young
RP Jonathan Papelbon
RP Jonathan Broxton
RP Brad Ziegler
MadduxWasJuiced
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How's my team looking? WHIR

Postby The Mighty Trow » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:44 am

only glaring weaknesses i see are question marks at 2b (kendrick/weeks could boom or bust at the same time, you never really know...)

you have lots of depth at 1b with morneau, howard and votto. a definite strength to trade from.

your starters are have solid peripherals but nothing that really wows me. if liriano returns to form or felix breaks out, then you have yourself an 'ace'. but nothing of the sort just yet...

your relievers are stacked. i'm not familiar with h2h, but having those three guys should win you the saves category every week, maybe by a wide margin. another possible strength to trade from?

well done ;-D
The Mighty Trow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby MadduxWasJuiced » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:40 pm

The Mighty Trow wrote:only glaring weaknesses i see are question marks at 2b (kendrick/weeks could boom or bust at the same time, you never really know...)

you have lots of depth at 1b with morneau, howard and votto. a definite strength to trade from.

your starters are have solid peripherals but nothing that really wows me. if liriano returns to form or felix breaks out, then you have yourself an 'ace'. but nothing of the sort just yet...

your relievers are stacked. i'm not familiar with h2h, but having those three guys should win you the saves category every week, maybe by a wide margin. another possible strength to trade from?

well done ;-D

Thanks, Trow! Do you think I would be wise to trade Morneau for Ian Kinsler or Brandon Phillips at this point? I drafted Morneau in the 3rd round, Kinsler and Phillips went in the 4th. That would give me more steals and a top-5 2B at least. Think I need to pick up some more depth at SP? Or bank on elite RPs?
MadduxWasJuiced
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby rockchalk » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:21 pm

For a 10 team league Mora at 3B is really weak. You also don't have a sure thing frontline starter. Liriano and Felix have great upsided but aren't bonafide top 10 guys.

You can use your 1B depth to boost those weaker areas and I think you'll be starting Greene at MI before too long giving you three guys in Weeks, Lopez and Kendrick to find one good one at 2B.

Please help.

viewtopic.php?t=376332
rockchalk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Swept Away » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:24 am

I think your pitching looks fine. Admittedly I don't know much about H2H, but in my auction draft roto experience it's not worth spending $30+ dollars on Johan when you can get Two second-tier starters for $15 each. I tend to worry much more about hitters and find that it's easier to find cheap pitching on the waiver wire than it is to find cheap hitting.

I do agree that 1B is one of your strengths and I would consider trading one of those guys for a better 3B or OF. I'm not super high on Conor and Taveras is nice for steals but he won't help you in any other categories.

Please rate my team: http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=376741
Swept Away
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 7)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team