Keeper: 10-team 6x6 WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Keeper: 10-team 6x6 WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper: 10-team 6x6 WHIR

Postby TrueBlue4life » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:44 pm

So H2H mixed league team, w/ additional stats being OPS and K/BB. I'm really torn on this team from liking it to not, so id like to hear your thoughts. Here it is:
C Pablo Sandoval (SF - C,1B,3B)
1B Adam Dunn (Was - 1B,OF)
2B Dustin Pedroia (Bos - 2B)
3B Evan Longoria (TB - 3B)
SS Jhonny Peralta (Cle - SS)
CI Chipper Jones (Atl - 3B)
MI Felipe López (Ari - 2B,3B,SS,OF)
OF Carlos Beltrán (NYM - OF)
OF Matt Kemp (LAD - OF)
OF Justin Upton (Ari - OF)
OF Jayson Werth (Phi - OF)
Util Shin-Soo Choo (Cle - OF)
SP Cole Hamels (Phi - SP)
SP Francisco Liriano (Min - SP)
SP Félix Hernández (Sea - SP)
SP Erik Bedard (Sea - SP)
SP Randy Johnson (SF - SP)
RP Bobby Jenks (CWS - RP)
RP Matt Lindstrom (Fla - RP)
P Brandon Lyon (Det - RP)
BN Coco Crisp (KC - OF)
BN Colby Rasmus (StL - OF) NA
BN Delmon Young (Min - OF)
BN Brett Wallace (StL - 3B) NA
BN Jordan Zimmermann (Was - SP) NA
BN Neftali Feliz (Tex - SP)

Obviously, there's some players that aren't in the majors right now cuz this is a keeper league. Also, I took over this team this year and my 4 keepers were Pedroia, Hamels, Longoria, and Beltran, so I couldn't do anything about that even tho I think those are subpar keepers.

Leave a link and I'll get to your q.
TrueBlue4life
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keeper: 10-team 6x6 WHIR

Postby theinflatinator91 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:59 pm

Thanks for the input on my question, I appreciate it.

How many teams in this league? Can't really get a good judgment on it unless I know how many teams there are but assuming there are 10-12 teams I will do my best.

I really like your offense. Sandoval is a guy I have been targeting in many of my leagues because he has catcher eligibility and wont be catching. Although Adam Dunn is playing in a bigger park this year with less protection I still like him. He is a lock for at least 35 homers and 100 walks. Maybe he will work on contact a little do to a bigger stadium this season. Dustin Pedroia and Evan Longoria are two young elite players at very scarce positions. I love both of those guys being a fan of the Red Sox and from a fantasy perspective. Not a big fan of Peralta. If Chipper stays healthy he will do wonders. I really like your outfield exp your third and fourth ones. I love Upton and Werth they are both on all three of my teams.

Your pitching has a ton of potential too. Hamels, Lirano, and King Felix will be a tough three to beat, and if Bedard can bounce back you will have a very strong starting four. Randy Johnson is getting old, but should still put up about 10-14 wins with high strikeout numbers. My only concern for your staff is your relief. Lyon is not the closer and I have never really liked Jenks. I love Lindstrom but I'm not sure if he is 100% yet.

Is Rick Porcello available? If he is I would consider dropping Feliz for him. He is very young and was named the Tigers fifth starter earlier this week.

Good Luck...
theinflatinator91
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Keeper: 10-team 6x6 WHIR

Postby Big League Chew » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:09 pm

I like your team. Obviously one of your worries is probably K/BB with Dunn, but he does get walked because of his power. Your OF is solid with upside. Upton should be good this year, but you may have to watch is K issue, but I think that he's worth it. My suggestion would be for you to get a backup in the catcher position instead of 3 OF backups. You'll be happy having Crisp because of his speed. If you can get another catcher you can move Sandoval if there is a bad matchup with Dunn. Otherwise you look pretty good.
Big League Chew
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team