You know your league is bad when... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

You know your league is bad when...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: You know your league is bad when...

Postby jcde7ago » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:02 am

jy2003 wrote:
Yoda wrote:
jy2003 wrote:It's not shallow at all. 12 teams, standard 5x5 and standard yahoo lineups (9 + util). I knew a few of the guys in the league and assumed the rest of the players would be at least as competent. Obviously, it was the new guys that dropped them and not the ones I knew.

I'll definitely keep playing since it's my only league, but I feel like I'm cheating somehow :-)

That setting is pretty shallow IMO. Theoretically everyone is starting a top 12 player at each IF position and top 36 players in OF.

True, I suppose it is shallow. But the keeper factor still boggles my mind.

We are allowed to keep up to 12 players and you lose the round they were drafted in. In this case, I'd get them with the last picks since they were dropped.

12 keepers is WAY too many...in my 12-team keeper, we only kept 5, with the exception of this year (it was voted on and raised to 6). Also, we run 7x7 cats, 2 extra util spots, and 8 bench spots (as a result, most prospects/sleepers are gone, mostly drafted). Generally, around 1/5 of your roster should be your maximum number of keepers.
12-Team Yahoo! H2H Keeper League - 3-Sport Dynasty - Year 4 - Jonny D's Team
Keepers: Albert Pujols/Jose Reyes/Ryan Braun/Grady Sizemore/Evan Longoria/Tim Lincecum = SWEET!

#25 - Barry Bonds - 73, 762
jcde7ago
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: You know your league is bad when...

Postby the izzy » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:43 am

jcde7ago wrote:12 keepers is WAY too many...in my 12-team keeper, we only kept 5, with the exception of this year (it was voted on and raised to 6).

Agreed. I started a keeper league this year w/ friends (10 teams). We're voting on whether to keep 6 or 8 keeper. Mind you, 10 team league. I told the commish 6 is enough, if not to many already, however, everybody else in the league wants to keep 8. I told them we might as well do a dynasty league if we're keeping that many. 80 total players? crazy.
the izzy
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers