Word on Eric Chavez?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Word on Eric Chavez??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Word on Eric Chavez??

Postby beezer » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:06 pm

I know, I know what can I be thinking inquiring about Chavez. I saw him hit a bomb off of Lincecum last night and make a couple nice plays in the field. He's been slotted in the 5th spot in the lineup for the most part. I am thinking of taking a flier on him for my bench. My 14 team league is slim in the waiver wire department. Any thoughts on him??
"I feel the need. The need for speed!"
beezer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Word on Eric Chavez??

Postby SlightlyStoopid » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:13 pm

That was a nice bomb last night. When he's healthy he can hit. It's that simple. If your WW is thin and it's a 14 teamer I would take the gamble. He is owned in my 16 team league. If he goes back on the DL then so be it you didn't waste a pick on him.
SlightlyStoopid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bazzy_51 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:33 pm

agreed when healthy hes got the pop in the bat to get it done for any fantasy team... but the key is when healthy... with the back problems hes played a combined 113 games in the past 2 years, hes a huge risk but if 100% healthy could also prove to be high reward... he went 2 picks before i wanted him later in my 18 teamer otherwise i was gonna take a run with him, but in a 12 teamer i don't think theres a chance unless you have bout 12 bench spots... 14 teamer if its deeper i say why not, i will say tho alot of people have just forgotten about this guy so if i were you i mean obviously most people in your league have also forgotten about this guy, may want to just wait and see what he does the first week or 2 before making a move... i don't use stats from ST unless its a young guy/battling for postions/injury player, he falls into the injury player slot and looking at it yes it was a bomb off of Lince but it was also his first of the spring and he also is only 3-21 before that bomb, so to me he hasn't shown much of anything yet, could just be rust but to me its still a huge, huge risk and i would most likely go for something else over him...

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Element » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:52 pm

While he did hit that ball a ton off of Lincecum last night, he SHOULD have hit it the way he did. Timmy left a 2 seamer up and out over the plate. That's trouble vs a lefty. I would not count on Chavez at all this season outside of AL only and deeper formats. If you have a deep bench, stash him I guess. Otherwise, leave him on the wire.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 719)

Postby DaShiz23 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:16 pm

Who?
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Postby beezer » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:49 pm

Any other thoughts?
"I feel the need. The need for speed!"
beezer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby San D » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:10 pm

He's not someone I would take a flier on for my bench since he'd likely get hurt or start losing PT before I needed him. On the other hand, if he is available, he just hit another HR today, and he is someone whose hot hand I would ride until he either got hurt or cooled off (then, I would drop him).
San D
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Baseball Leftovers