General Rule for determining number of DL spots? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

General Rule for determining number of DL spots?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: General Rule for determining number of DL spots?

Postby mak1277 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:30 am

walkoffblast wrote:
RDD15 wrote:
mak1277 wrote:1 or 2? Puke.

In an ideal world, I think the number should be unlimited. You should NEVER have to choose whether or not to keep/drop a player just because a guy gets DL'd for real. Now, I think that you should not be allowed to pick guys up off the WW that are injured and DL them, but I don't think you should ever lose a guy just because you can't carry him while he's on the DL.

I agree. The leagues that I am in range from none to two. I would prefer unlimited as long as the player was on your roster prior to the start of the most recent game that he played in.

No matter how you word it there will be a sketchy situation and it might be a pain to keep an eye on. I favor picking a finite number that is larger than the 1 or 2 you usually see assuming your league is deeper. Then you still have to choose on occasion and cannot completely stockpile but no one looses someoone they should not have to drop. We use 4 with no restirictions.

Yes, I agree. In practice my leagues have 4 or 5 spots.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheWrightStuff » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:46 am

In my league we have 25 man rosters with 3 DL slots. I run a dynasty so I tell all teams to cut down to 25 players before the new season begins if they have players end the season on the DL. Teams are also not allowed to pick up free agents on the DL and stashthem. If a guy from the DL is picked up he's got to stay active on the team.
"There are only two places in the league - first place and no place." Tom Seaver
TheWrightStuff
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:28 am

TheWrightStuff wrote:In my league we have 25 man rosters with 3 DL slots. I run a dynasty so I tell all teams to cut down to 25 players before the new season begins if they have players end the season on the DL. Teams are also not allowed to pick up free agents on the DL and stashthem. If a guy from the DL is picked up he's got to stay active on the team.

Our rule is two scoring periods (so 8-14 days) must pass from when a player is added to your roster to when he may be put on DL.
Bobbleheadrusty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby converge241 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:08 am

IMO: the bigger the bench, the smaller the DL spots

If I am in a league with a small bench I want more DL spots, if the bench is huge no need for excessive DLs

generally runs (and prefer) between 1 and 3

Though AL only I am in has NO DL (no add/drops either so doesnt matter)
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Postby bigmck » Sun May 24, 2009 8:06 pm

mak1277 wrote:1 or 2? Puke.

In an ideal world, I think the number should be unlimited. You should NEVER have to choose whether or not to keep/drop a player just because a guy gets DL'd for real. Now, I think that you should not be allowed to pick guys up off the WW that are injured and DL them, but I don't think you should ever lose a guy just because you can't carry him while he's on the DL.

We have a 23 active players and no bench. Our DL is unlimited. We can not pickup players on the DL.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 62)

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner