Your TOP 2... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Your TOP 2...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Your TOP 2...

Postby Clevelander » Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:28 pm

OUTBREAK PLAYERS THIS YEAR...in other words a player who will go above and beyond and set his best numbers to date...

myself...VAZ' will be huge this year pitching wise, given the move, the rotation order and offense behind him he may be this years best...
i'll be bold to say 22 wins and 260 k's , around 3 era if not a little less and a 1.2 whip to boot

hitting wise i'm really like BELTRAN, everyone is leaning towards him as the monster this year.....300+ ba is easy for him but i'd like to see a 40/40 out of him as most owners would.

close 2nds are OSWALT and TEJADA
Harry Doyle: Remember, fans, Tuesday is Die Hard Night. Free admission for anyone who was actually alive the last time the Indians won the pennant.
Clevelander
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Jury » Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:36 pm

Best numbers to date?

Austin Kearns baby!! ;-D
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby UTVOLS1 » Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:40 pm

I think Hinske will have a great year this year, after getting over his injuries from last year. Also think Shawn Green will return to form. Other candidates for a return to form are Glaus (better protection), Burnitz (Colorado), and Nick Johnson. Pitching wise, possibly Pavano, Lawrence and Eaton. These are the guys who went late or not at all in drafts that could have great years this year.
UTVOLS1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Your TOP 2...

Postby AcidRock23 » Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:41 pm

Clevelander wrote:OUTBREAK PLAYERS THIS YEAR...in other words a player who will go above and beyond and set his best numbers to date...

myself...VAZ' will be huge this year pitching wise, given the move, the rotation order and offense behind him he may be this years best...
i'll be bold to say 22 wins and 260 k's , around 3 era if not a little less and a 1.2 whip to boot

hitting wise i'm really like BELTRAN, everyone is leaning towards him as the monster this year.....300+ ba is easy for him but i'd like to see a 40/40 out of him as most owners would.

close 2nds are OSWALT and TEJADA

I will second Vaz...keeping my fingers very crossed. I picked him up in the 4th round and really think that, even w/o Sheff's bat, he's set to pick up a bunch of wins and K for the Yankees. Plus, of course, he has Riviera closing out games behind him. Very good combo for him.

I also think Garrett Anderson may have some potential to bust out a big year, playing w/ Vlad in the lineup. That will get him some nice pitches to tee off on.

Tejada I'm not so sure about. Last year he was REALLY slow at the start and may get a lot of FLAK for the dough they're shelling out for him if he doesn't produce immediately. Plus, THEY JUST DID A SPORTS ILLUSTRATED STORY ABOUT THE O's!! I'm not that familiar w/ his personality though...he has tremendous potential, that's for sure.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Re: Your TOP 2...

Postby swarmee » Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:45 pm

Hitter: Mark Teixeira
Pitcher: Jose Contreras
Another Year, Another Championship. I'm 2 for 2.
swarmee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Return to Baseball Leftovers