Your thoughts on Jordan Zimmermannn - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Your thoughts on Jordan Zimmermannn

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Your thoughts on Jordan Zimmermannn

Postby cubbieball10 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:27 am

I grabbed him in the 21st round of my keeper league (just missed out on Sean Gallagher, whew!). I'm pretty pleased with this selection, and always glad to glean new information on each additional start. Can't wait to watch the archived footage on MLB.TV tomorrow.
cubbieball10
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Your thoughts on Jordan Zimmermannn

Postby auclairkeithbc » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:52 am

On pure strikeout ability, where do you guys think he is right now? I know he was very impressive in the spring, and he has a good track record in A ball of having high K rates, but I've seen some projections for him with very low K/9s. Maybe that is just a product of projectors not wanting to oversell high Ks in low minors, but might there be more to it? I know many minor leaguers without unbelievable stuff can put up great K numbers against weak hitters, because they'll chase certain pitches that MLB hitters won't or for other reasons. I've seen comments about Zimm not having great stuff as well.

Just wondering if anyone has better insight. For pure K's, is he on Manny Parra's level? Significantly better, or worse?
i'm the guy that puts the "nip" in omnipotent...
auclairkeithbc
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers