Your thoughts on Jordan Zimmermannn - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Your thoughts on Jordan Zimmermannn

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Your thoughts on Jordan Zimmermannn

Postby knapplc » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:51 pm

I'm complaining because the Braves didn't take advantage of his developing stuff. My opponent got a win off of J-Zimbo last night. Jerk. :-[
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby carter » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:30 am

this guy was effective against a good major league line-up, in his first major league start, yet there are still complaints .. i find it laughable... i guess people actually expect Cy stuff out of a rookie??? ..talking about the speed on all his pitches lol.. i wouldnt worry about his fast-ball looking straight, alot of GOOD mlb pitchers get by on more then fastballs.. what you guys are missing - he's showing he knows how to trust his strong-pitches and mix them up well. thats a more important thing to look at then Mph... he looks to be in line for a decent season if you ask me..
carter
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:23 am

carter wrote:this guy was effective against a good major league line-up, in his first major league start, yet there are still complaints .. i find it laughable... i guess people actually expect Cy stuff out of a rookie??? ..talking about the speed on all his pitches lol.. i wouldnt worry about his fast-ball looking straight, alot of GOOD mlb pitchers get by on more then fastballs.. what you guys are missing - he's showing he knows how to trust his strong-pitches and mix them up well. thats a more important thing to look at then Mph... he looks to be in line for a decent season if you ask me..

a lot of rookies show success early on...once teams get a book on them especially when they face teams in their divison a few times is when it starts to catch up to them...so people calling out things he's doing wrong is point out that these things are going to be exploited sooner rather than later
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Yanks_Baby » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:25 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
carter wrote:this guy was effective against a good major league line-up, in his first major league start, yet there are still complaints .. i find it laughable... i guess people actually expect Cy stuff out of a rookie??? ..talking about the speed on all his pitches lol.. i wouldnt worry about his fast-ball looking straight, alot of GOOD mlb pitchers get by on more then fastballs.. what you guys are missing - he's showing he knows how to trust his strong-pitches and mix them up well. thats a more important thing to look at then Mph... he looks to be in line for a decent season if you ask me..

a lot of rookies show success early on...once teams get a book on them especially when they face teams in their divison a few times is when it starts to catch up to them...so people calling out things he's doing wrong is point out that these things are going to be exploited sooner rather than later

See Johnny Ceuto
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby kab21 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:47 pm

So how do you evaluate players? Take a sample size of one game and say that this guy is a stud and create a bandwagon?

Overall it seems that most really like him alot but are trying not to let the hype get uncontrollable like it does for so many young players. The discussion about mph is more like 'wow he's hitting 95mph although he tired a little at the end of the game'. That's not terribly surprising especially early in the season.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 171)

Postby DevilDriver » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:35 pm

Fastball MPH factors into how good a pitcher's stuff is, and knowing a pitcher's stuff goes a long way in determining how good of a pitcher he has the potential of becoming.
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby baseballspliffs » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:57 pm

I didn't see the game, but JZ just went 5.1 innings against the Mets, 6 hits, 1 ER, 2BB, 5K.

He was hitting 93-94 on his fastballs in the 5th inning, with a 79 curve, and 87 changeup (thrown to Ryan Church, last batter faced).

I hope some expert here can break down his start, but I'm very excited about rostering this kid (and having started him today).
baseballspliffs
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Carnac » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:03 pm

First off there are no experts here. lol

My thoughts are getting more positive with every outing. HE will certainly have a few rough patches along the way this year. But, I drafted him in the 19th round as a keeper and so far I think I may (emphasis on may) have made a good investment.

A guy can hope can't he?
Carnac
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 72)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Yoda » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:10 pm

baseballspliffs wrote:I didn't see the game, but JZ just went 5.1 innings against the Mets, 6 hits, 1 ER, 2BB, 5K.

He was hitting 93-94 on his fastballs in the 5th inning, with a 79 curve, and 87 changeup (thrown to Ryan Church, last batter faced).

I hope some expert here can break down his start, but I'm very excited about rostering this kid (and having started him today).

Didn't catch his start but the real test will be once teams have seen him a bit more. Also how he bounced back from a bad inning or a bad start will also show a lot. I still expect him to hit plenty of bumps but he should be serviceable at least.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby pangbones » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:44 pm

I watched most of his start today and he looked fantastic. He was consistently hitting 94-95 mph, and was bustin lefties inside with it. His fastball was very effective today, but it did look a little straight. I took him in the 24th round in my league, and am ecstatic with his start.
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers