Your thoughts on Jordan Zimmermannn - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Your thoughts on Jordan Zimmermannn

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Your thoughts on Jordan Zimmerman

Postby ABA316 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:31 pm

converge241 wrote:tough opponents with the Braves and Mets

I would say he should be started DOLF

if its a small league but big enough to own him I might wait and see how he does..bigger leagues and NL onlies get those stats

What does "DOLF" stand for?
ABA316
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dragoon » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:06 pm

Depending on league format.
dragoon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kab21 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:33 pm

6IP, 72P, 6H, 2ER, 1BB, 3K in his debut against Atlanta today. He's in line for the win and the game is currently in a rain delay in the 8th. Pretty solid outing.

Taking a look at MLB gameday it looks like he was hitting 95mph with his fastball at the start of the game and dropped to 92-93 at the end of the game. There's alot of cool stuff to look at using MLB gameday (live boxscore).
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 159)

Postby CadensDad » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:36 pm

kab21 wrote:6IP, 72P, 6H, 2ER, 1BB, 3K in his debut against Atlanta today. He's in line for the win and the game is currently in a rain delay in the 8th. Pretty solid outing.

Taking a look at MLB gameday it looks like he was hitting 95mph with his fastball at the start of the game and dropped to 92-93 at the end of the game. There's alot of cool stuff to look at using MLB gameday (live boxscore).

Yea, he looked solid, but he could be having the "rookie" effect. I'd like to see 2-3 more starts before I sing his praises too much.

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Magnus_CA » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:05 am

kab21 wrote:6IP, 72P, 6H, 2ER, 1BB, 3K in his debut against Atlanta today. He's in line for the win and the game is currently in a rain delay in the 8th. Pretty solid outing.

He was also throwing 78 mph curves and an offspeed fastball in the 80's. :-L
Magnus_CA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby siQ_innovation » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:40 am

He had a solid start today, but I'd wait and observe a few more of his starts before drooling all over him.

Props to RyanK for the Sig.
siQ_innovation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DevilDriver » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:09 am

kab21 wrote:Taking a look at MLB gameday it looks like he was hitting 95mph with his fastball at the start of the game and dropped to 92-93 at the end of the game. There's alot of cool stuff to look at using MLB gameday (live boxscore).

Yeah, I noticed that too...93-95 the first 4 innings, around 93 in the 5th, and at 92 for the 6th.
Gameday is really cool, love how it has Pitch FX.
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby mkultra » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:07 am

Kid looks good, too bad he plays for the Nats. It's like watching Greinke when he came up.

He's got two starts next week, but I'm not sure I'd trust him facing the Phils (Hamels) and Cards (Wainwright)...
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby WickedSmaat » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:04 pm

scouting report of his game last night:

http://projectprospect.com/article/2009 ... -mlb-debut

Four-seam fastball: While Zimmermann throws hard, his fastball wasn't fooling the Braves much tonight. All six of their hits were off of the pitch -- including a Matt Diaz no-doubt homer in the fourth inning (0-2 count). He doesn't hide the pitch well. And while it does have some occasional movement (tailing action into righties), it's pretty straight. Zimmermann also struggled hitting his spots with his four-seamer, especially late in the game. He threw it for strikes, just didn't always command it well in the zone. On the plus side, he's not afraid to challenge hitters with high fastballs.

They also noted that they didn't see him throw a change at all too. Let's see how he develops...
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ABA316 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:17 pm

Not complaining with what I got last night from this kid. That said I don't see him going over 150 IP this year. Currently I might find myself having to start him b/c of several injuries to my pitching staff (Hoffman, Kuroda, Dice-K) so as not to fall behind further in counting stats but if he can keep down the ERA I'll be happy.
ABA316
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers