Your thoughts on Jordan Zimmermannn - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Your thoughts on Jordan Zimmermannn

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Your thoughts on Jordan Zimmermannn

Postby Cooner » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:05 pm

So he has the 5th spot on the Nat's roster, and his potentially quite high K/9 has me interested. This is for a NL only league that seriously punishes inefficient innings... categories are ERA, WHIP, Win %, K/9, Total Bases, and SV, and we're required to start 4 SPs, 3 RPs, and 1 P in a weekly H2H with 32 innings minimum. I plan to aim for 4 starts per week, with at least one solid middle reliever who eats some innings frequently (Putz, Kuo). Since efficient starters are expensive and we have a deep bench, I plan on grabbing a few starters to spot-start for that fourth start each week, and am thinking that Zimmerman might be one of the several to spot-start.

Is asking for efficient starts too much from the kid?
Last edited by Cooner on Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cooner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Your thoughts on Jordan Zimmerman

Postby J35J » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:19 pm

Cooner wrote:So he has the 5th spot on the Nat's roster, and his potentially quite high K/9 has me interested. This is for a NL only league that seriously punishes inefficient innings... categories are ERA, WHIP, Win %, K/9, Total Bases, and SV, and we're required to start 4 SPs, 3 RPs, and 1 P in a weekly H2H with 32 innings minimum. I plan to aim for 4 starts per week, with at least one solid middle reliever who eats some innings frequently (Putz, Kuo). Since efficient starters are expensive and we have a deep bench, I plan on grabbing a few starters to spot-start for that fourth start each week, and am thinking that Zimmerman might be one of the several to spot-start.

Is asking for efficient starts too much from the kid?

I'd grab him in an NL no problem....I'd just bench him his first couple starts though. Wins and W% may lack being on the Nats but he's got solid potential. For sure a spot starter early but I'd give him a couple starts first before actually putting him in there.
Last edited by J35J on Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)

Postby Yoda » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:20 pm

He was underrated as a prospect because he doesn't have an amazing repertoire like most top young prospects do. He is very polished though and efficient. Obviously his outstanding ST hyped him up quite a bit with perhaps good reasons but I expect him to hit some bumps on the road. Overall, he is definitely worth stashing since he is a top prospect with a job and an excellent track record while pitching well to boot.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby lastingsgriller » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:58 pm

my only real thought in Jordan Zimmermann is that he has more "n"'s in his name than Ryan Zimmerman.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 171)

Postby Jetsfan » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:16 pm

Jordan has 1 more "n" up from 2 in total in Ryan's name....hell there's just as many "m"s in his name.
Jetsfan
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby markj11 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:21 pm

Jetsfan wrote:Jordan has 1 more "n" up from 2 in total in Ryan's name....hell there's just as many "m"s in his name.

You decided this would be your yearly post?
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby lastingsgriller » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:31 pm

markj11 wrote:
Jetsfan wrote:Jordan has 1 more "n" up from 2 in total in Ryan's name....hell there's just as many "m"s in his name.

You decided this would be your yearly post?

at least he made it a good one..
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 171)

Postby J35J » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:39 pm

Started today in AAA

5.1IP / 4H / 3ER / 1BB / 4K / 2HR
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)

Postby chem » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:52 pm

Anyone going to start J-Zimm in week 3? One mediocre outing in AAA under his belt, a simulated game yesterday, and his MLB debut will be Monday, April 20 against Atlanta. He will be a 2-start pitcher for those of us in weekly H2H leagues. But are these two starts you want to risk? The Nats bullpen is mostly bad and Zimm could get torched.

OTOH, one more week he doesn't start for a fantasy team, is another week he sucks up a roster spot or may get grabbed off the waiver wire by someone else first.

btw: the title of this thread should get his name right. Zimmermann
chem
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby converge241 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:18 pm

tough opponents with the Braves and Mets

I would say he should be started DOLF

if its a small league but big enough to own him I might wait and see how he does..bigger leagues and NL onlies get those stats
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers