Shawn Green - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Shawn Green

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Shawn Green

Postby Duck Duck Davis » Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:56 pm

What is the latest on him becoming the first baseman. I need to know because I drafted Phelps in a live draft to play first and he is not eligible there in yahoo. I have Green and would consider holding off on a trade and putting him there if he is going to start the year at first. Thanks.
Duck Duck Davis
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby intense » Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:00 pm

Mar 1 Dodgers OF Shawn Green is attempting to make the switch to first base during training camp and is experiencing some difficulties with the move. "There are some sessions where I feel like I'm getting a hang of it, and then there are some sessions where I feel like a fish out of water," Green told the Los Angeles Times. "We'll see."

Green may make the move to 1st but its not sure yet.... As for yahoo, I believe he must play at least 15 games at 1st until you could actually use him at 1st base if he indeed moves there.
intense
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SoxFanPJ » Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:00 pm

I just drafted Green as an OF in my league, and I would slide him to first if he plays 15 games there in yahoo. The reports seem to be that while he is being a team player and working at 1B, he doesn't really want to be there. I am a little nervous as to whether or not he will play that many games there at the start of the season. Kind of a wait and see thing.
SoxFanPJ
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers