Oakland A's Rotation - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Oakland A's Rotation

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Oakland A's Rotation

Postby Yoda » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:09 pm

mt99808 wrote:
SpecialFNK wrote:when Duch does come back healthy would it be one of Cahil or Anderson that are to be sent down? or would that depend on how they pitch during the season?

as for the Jays and trading Halladay. they could use a solid big time bat coming back in return. a team that could use a big time pitcher like Halladay could be Texas. would Texas trade Chris Davis and something else? that could give the Jays some premium power bats for the future in Davis and Snider

Thank god you are not the GM of the Blue Jays. A trade for Halladay would include names like Smoak, Holland, Feliz ..... Davis might be a throw in.

I doubt Halladay at $30 mil for next two years is worth that if a much younger and better Peavy, who is controlled for four years at a similar rate wouldn't bring a monster package.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mt99808 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:19 pm

Yoda wrote:
mt99808 wrote:
SpecialFNK wrote:when Duch does come back healthy would it be one of Cahil or Anderson that are to be sent down? or would that depend on how they pitch during the season?

as for the Jays and trading Halladay. they could use a solid big time bat coming back in return. a team that could use a big time pitcher like Halladay could be Texas. would Texas trade Chris Davis and something else? that could give the Jays some premium power bats for the future in Davis and Snider

Thank god you are not the GM of the Blue Jays. A trade for Halladay would include names like Smoak, Holland, Feliz ..... Davis might be a throw in.

I doubt Halladay at $30 mil for next two years is worth that if a much younger and better Peavy, who is controlled for four years at a similar rate wouldn't bring a monster package.

You can't seriously think that Jake Peavy is a BETTER pitcher than Roy Halladay. You can't even compare their stats given the quality of the opposition. Check out todays article in the NY Times if you have the chance.
mt99808
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mt99808 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:26 pm

Let alone the parks they pitch half their games in.
mt99808
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kab21 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:34 pm

SlightlyStoopid wrote:I would guess in 6+ weeks when Duch comes back that they send down the pitcher that is struggling the most out of Cahill, Anderson or Outman. I would be very surprised if none of the three stuggle. Hell, in 6 weeks this rotation could include Gonzalez, Gallagher and/or Mazzaro.

I would hardly consider Eveland or Braden safe from losing their spots in the rotation. They might have experience but they also have somewhat mediocre skills. Good thing for Oakland is that they have alot of arms to throw at this issue.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 170)

Postby Havok1517 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:13 pm

mt99808 wrote:
Yoda wrote:
mt99808 wrote:

You can't seriously think that Jake Peavy is a BETTER pitcher than Roy Halladay. You can't even compare their stats given the quality of the opposition. Check out todays article in the NY Times if you have the chance.

Umm...I'd much rather have the younger Peavy than Halladay if I were a GM.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 123)

Postby SlightlyStoopid » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:14 pm

kab21 wrote:I would hardly consider Eveland or Braden safe from losing their spots in the rotation. They might have experience but they also have somewhat mediocre skills. Good thing for Oakland is that they have alot of arms to throw at this issue.

They might not be safe from losing their rotation spots but they are both out of options so I think they are safer then the others.

Anderson's final ST from today, 6.2 IP, 6 hits, 2 ER, 1 BB, 5 K on 86 pitches
SlightlyStoopid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers