Carlos Triunfel - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Carlos Triunfel

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Carlos Triunfel

Postby rasto21585 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:23 pm

So what are your thoughts on this kid? What do you project him to do and when do you think he'll arrive in the show?
rasto21585
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 213)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Carlos Triunfel

Postby Havok1517 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:04 pm

rasto21585 wrote:So what are your thoughts on this kid? What do you project him to do and when do you think he'll arrive in the show?

I think he'll be on the cusp next year though a possible position change from SS to 3B may change that.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 120)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:36 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
rasto21585 wrote:So what are your thoughts on this kid? What do you project him to do and when do you think he'll arrive in the show?

I think he'll be on the cusp next year though a possible position change from SS to 3B may change that.

Which is why his value will likely drop dramatically since he offers little to no power whatsoever, something you need from a corner infield position. He's young, but he hasn't shown any power potential yet in the minors. For this reason, I do not consider him to be a valuable prospect. Showed very good speed last year but, again, not what you're looking for at his position. He's a poor defender in the middle of the infield from what I've read so there's little chance he holds either of those positions where he would carry some value.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby willy-t » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:08 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:

Which is why his value will likely drop dramatically since he offers little to no power whatsoever, something you need from a corner infield position. He's young, but he hasn't shown any power potential yet in the minors. For this reason, I do not consider him to be a valuable prospect. Showed very good speed last year but, again, not what you're looking for at his position. He's a poor defender in the middle of the infield from what I've read so there's little chance he holds either of those positions where he would carry some value.

Disagree that he hasn't shown power potential. He went off for about 7 homers in the last couple months last year, which isn;t a massive number, but significant power spike given his prior production and age. I don't think he look like a guy that will hit 35-40 homers but 25 is not hard to see, I can see Michael Young type production from him maybe (Young from a few years ago).

Got to see how he grown up though, hard to project as he's ahead of the curve - not proven anything so far.
willy-t
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Minor League & College Baseball