Going for 4th Consecutive Title - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Going for 4th Consecutive Title

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Going for 4th Consecutive Title

Postby Chicago RedSox » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:40 pm

We cut some weak managers from our league and are doing a 12-Team instead of a 10-Team this year. If I win this year it'll be a 4-peat.
H2H, 10 Team, 8x8 (H,R,RBI,SB,K,BB,TB,AVG & IP,W,SV,K,ER,BB,ERA,WHIP)

My Team
C-Martin
1-Pujols
2-Kendrick
3-Longoria
SS-Al.Ramirez
OF- Manny, McLouth, Cruz, Milledge, Eithier, Burrell
Util - Ortiz
SP-Timmy, Haren, Gallardo, Kershaw, R.Johnson, Jimenez
RP- Gregg, Lindstrom, Hanaranahanahnannahan (sp?)

The plan is to let the OF situation sort itself out, drop or trade the worst two, and replace them with spot SP's or top notch setup guys that will bring down my averages.
What do you guys think? Is this team good enough to win a 10-team?
Play Ball
Chicago RedSox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Going for 4th Consecutive Title

Postby C2ThaLo88 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:23 pm

I'd feel confident with that team. I'd Imagine your outfield would be Manny, Milledge, and McLouth. Just watch Kendrick and his injury history. And I love your pitching.

Help if you could: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=372019&p=2984922#p2984922
C2ThaLo88 Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Gnu314 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:38 pm

I think you've got a pretty solid team there. Love your pitching. Closers are a little thin, Hanrahanananan isn't going to get a ton of save opportunities... maybe 25-30?

I think you've got a good plan for your team too, I'm kinda high on Cruz and what hes done since last fall and in ST. We'll see but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Gnu314
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Chicago RedSox » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:11 pm

I had drafted Roberts and Soria, but traded them for Manny and Kendrick, then dropped Choo for Gregg. Closers are expendable to me, I can always grab another one from the wire. I'm trying to move Gregg right now for a leadoff type guy, who are very valuable with our settings.
Play Ball
Chicago RedSox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby E-motion » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:25 pm

Hey I really like your team. You have a strong team as wells as some people with upside. I also think Kendrick has the potential to be better than he's projected but you're gonna need another 2B since he seems to get hurt more than often.
Your closers are not bad and I actually think Gregg will keep the closer gig over marmol. However do look to see if Brandon Morrow is in the free agent pool and would be a better option than Hanrahanas a closer.
BTW if you want to get value from your OF you should probably trade Milledge as he is now the leadoff hitter and since he has been at the spot he has been slumping big time. So keep your eye on him.

Thank you for helping me out with my post

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=375598
E-motion
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby babaoriley » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:04 pm

I also think Kendrick will be more than just the AVG machine he's been in the past couple years, though in the context of what I feel is a powerful lineup, even if he does just remain an AVG machine, your overall team power shouldn't struggle.

And yes, your SP is great at the top, but as you say, jettison one of your OFs that is underperforming, OR hope they all perform well but maybe Burrell starts off on-fire and can be traded to a power desperate team for another SP. Regardless, I think this team will compete and possibly 4-peat. Good luck.
babaoriley
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team