Have the days of drafting Sandoval late for catcher ended? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Have the days of drafting Sandoval late for catcher ended?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Have the days of drafting Sandoval late for catcher ended?

Postby Zhangman1 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:00 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:Yeah last week I managed to combo Wieters and him.

Now Sandoval regularly goes ahead of Wieters. He is very valuable as a catcher that starts every day, however.

I tried doing that in two leagues and missed out on Pablo in i think the 11th and 10th round.

He's picking up hype. I thought he'd be a top 10 C this year. I like him a bit more than Napoli and Innaetta due to the BA. I think in a re-draft roto league, he maybe more valuable than Wieters due to the higher number of ABs and since we don't know when Wieters is coming up.
Zhangman1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby horatio » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:47 pm

I drafted Sandoval in all 3 of my leagues.

Took him in the 10th in my 11 team roto, and 8th round in both my 12 team roto and 14 team H2H.

I really didn't want to take him as early as the 8th but I wanted him so I just waited until Doumit was taken and then make Pablo was my next pick.

Indications seem to be that he'll be playing everyday and could very well put up .280 80 15 80. From the catcher spot that's not too shabby.

So I won't make generalizations but if you were hoping to draft him late in any of my leagues you were S.O.L, and if you want him you better be ready to pounce after McCann, Martin, Mauer, Soto, VMart, and Doumit have been taken.
horatio
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby auclairkeithbc » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:24 pm

is he going to play C at all this year?
i'm the guy that puts the "nip" in omnipotent...
auclairkeithbc
General Manager
General Manager

Postby da bears » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:27 pm

they have talked about him being the teams only back up catcher this season so yes he should regain eligibility next season there as well. I have high hopes for him, I think just off the fact that he should be in the line up more than pretty much every other C eligible player he'll be top 5 at the position.
da bears
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby neoforce » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:37 pm

da bears wrote:they have talked about him being the teams only back up catcher this season so yes he should regain eligibility next season there as well. I have high hopes for him, I think just off the fact that he should be in the line up more than pretty much every other C eligible player he'll be top 5 at the position.

I need him to get 5 games at C. Here is an article about him catching. http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_12041864 which says:

At least to begin the season, Manager Bruce Bochy said the club won't carry a No. 2 catcher. Sandoval will strap on shinguards when Bengie Molina takes a day off.
It's likely a temporary arrangement; the moment Sandoval or Molina is day to day with any injury, the Giants would need to promote Holm or acquire another catcher. The team could scrape by with 1.5 catchers in April, because they have five days off, General Manager Brian Sabean said.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby CubsFan7724 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:45 pm

Ender wrote:He went in the 9th round of our 14 team league over a week ago. If you are in a league where Sandoval is eligible for C and he isn't going pretty early you should probably find a tougher league~.

Eh they maybe aren't as fantasy knowledgeable but they are decent. It's not like they are cafe'rs but nothing was weird about the draft. I got autopicked on Wieters in the 11th and took Sandoval with like my 13th round pick because he was still there.

His ADP was definitely lower before, and now its trended up where he is no longer a huge bargain anymore.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Wright2Reyes » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:10 pm

Have him on most of my teams.

Took him in the 13th round in my cafe league(12 teams)
Took him in the 10th round (14 teams)
Took him in the 9th round (14 teams)
Took him in the 11th round (11 teams)

I know he is C eligible in Yahoo, but anyone knows if he will be C eligible over at ESPN? I looked at the roster and looks like he isn't. :-P
Wright2Reyes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby angels7777 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:58 pm

I took him in my Yahoo money league with 12 teams at pick #272 as my catcher ;-D
5x5 H2H, Non-Keep 10 tms

C- MCann
1B- Santana
2B- Carp
3B- Wright
SS- Desmnd
OF- J. Uptn, Trout, Polanco
UTIL- Springr
BN- Heywrd, Wrth
SP- Hamels, Teheran, Liriano, Garza, Kluber, Fister, A. Sanchez, Gio, Latos, Cobb, Arieta
RP- Melancon, Smith, Hawkins
angels7777
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 63)

Postby bauermj » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:53 am

He went 10.11 (#119) last weekend in our 5x5 Keeper draft. Actually we keep 9 players, so he went #11 in the first round of our actual draft.
bauermj
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 11)

Postby Zhangman1 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:46 pm

front page of ESPN...just became overrated
Zhangman1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers