10 team draft...went with power - should I make move at C? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

10 team draft...went with power - should I make move at C?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

10 team draft...went with power - should I make move at C?

Postby go9ers » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:03 pm

I am in a 10 team h2h points league (1 pt. R, RBI, 1B; 2 pts. 2B; 3 pts. 3B; 4 pts. HR; 2 pts. SB; 10 pts. for W; -5 for L; 7 pts. S; 1 pt for IP, K)

C: Suzuki (last catcher taken - Jorge Posada and Napoli are still available)
1B: Howard
2B: Kinsler
SS: Drew
3B: Atkins
IF: Pena
OF: Sizemore
OF: Bay
OF: Dunn
UT: Bruce

SP: Haren
SP: Lackey
SP: Vazquez
SP: Grienke
RP: Valverde
RP: BJ Ryan

B: Brett Myers
B: B. Morrow
B: Arroyo
B: Floyd

B: Chris B. Young
B: Jack Cust
B: Cameron Maybin
B: Kelly Johnson

I went with a lot of power (no penalty for strikeouts)...how did I do at the 10 spot? I was surprised at some players that were available. Should I make a move at C or stay put?
go9ers
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 10 team draft...went with power - should I make move at C?

Postby jackie hayes » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:28 pm

I think that's a solid choice for that points system. I wonder how much Cust will play, overall, but he is a great matchup play.

I think catcher is a judgement call. There are decent arguments for any one of those three. Personally, I'd probably go with Posada or Napoli -- even though Suzuki played constantly last year, he barely did anything in runs and rbi, and my guess is that the extra homers you get out of those two will make up for the extra hits that Suzuki will get. I think they have more upside, and there will probably be decent ww catchers in a 10-teamer, so I don't think it's a huge risk. So that's how I'd go, but I've heard some people argue that Suzuki should show more power this year. If you believe that (I'm skeptical), he's a good play, too.
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 65)

Re: 10 team draft...went with power - should I make move at C?

Postby mykedoc77 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:16 pm

You did good at the 10 spot. As for the C position, its not a postion I worry about too much, so if I were you I would do the same. Outside of last years fluke, Posada will give you about 140 games and he bats in a better line up (especially once A Rod returns), so you could roll the dice with him...he consistent. Zuk make good strides from year 1 to year 2 and should continue to improve if you are more interested in upside. I would stay put for now...again its the catcher position.

Help: viewtopic.php?t=375558
Mykedoc77
mykedoc77
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team