P - Jake Peavy
P- Daisuke Matsuzaka
P - Brad Ziegler
RP - Joe Nathan
RP - Jason Motte
BN - Carlos Zambrano
BN - Chris Carpenter
DL - Trevor Hoffman

I know I have a lot of OF on my bench but I don't know if I feel confident in Pence or Damon or Zimmerman as my Util. It seemed like I needed more power so I grabbed some in the form of Hawpe and Burrell. I have noticed that Kevin Slowey went undrafted. Is he worth picking up even with my pitching staff? Who should I drop?
Xander756
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 10 Team H2H

Postby babaoriley » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:14 pm

Pitching is certainly your strong suit, but Slowey should be solid all season. I wouldn't drop a single Pitcher from your squad, though (not that you would have, anyway). I like the additions of Hawpe and Burrell for power purposes, but agree that you may be a tad too deep at OF. That said, I can't figure out anyone to drop. I see Damon or Pence being replaced by one of your bench OFs at some point, for an extended time, but unless you can swing a trade, you can't just drop any of those guys IMO.
babaoriley
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Xander756 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:17 pm

Thanks for the feedback. So would you say its an overall solid team or am I lacking somewhere I could improve looking for a trade?
Xander756
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby babaoriley » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:35 pm

Yeah, I think it's very solid. Your entire Infield is irreplaceable with the possible exception of Jeter, though something in my head says he thrives in A-Rod's absence. Love Rios, but think you may be playing OF-Roulette for parts of the season (that's not a bad thing, necessarily). I just think Hawpe and Burrell will go through streaks where they'll be impossible to leave on your bench. They both had their moments last year. I had both of them in a very deep OF and always had headaches. I had Rios, Damon, Ichiro, Hart, Dunn, Burrell, and Hawpe at one point, if I recall correctly. The OF-carousel can be difficult to navigate, but you do have good trade bait there and can ride the hot hands until other needs become apparent. And as good as Slowey may be this year, you don;t really have a need for an extra arm on your team. Your big 3 of Santana, Webb & Peavy, if healthy, will be devastating on a week-by-week basis. And Z and Carpenter are nothing to sneeze at.

Good luck.
babaoriley
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team