Help me shut up the "baseball" know it alls - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Help me shut up the "baseball" know it alls

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help me shut up the "baseball" know it alls

Postby Jazquez » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:53 am

Do you have those guys in your league that down every other team in the league but their own. They are the baseball know it alls and every other baseball decision made not by them sucks. I know it's part of fantaasy baseball but I'd like some helping in shutting these guys up. Maybe my team does suck but it's a long team and with the right moves I think I could take a money spot.

12 team roto league with daily moves we can have three bench players which allows me to pick up two more FA without dropping anyone

Hitting - OBP,BA,HR,RBIs,SB,R,
Pitching - BAA,K,W,QS,Whip,ERA

Current Team
C- Ryan Doumit
1B- Aubrey Huff
2B - Brian Roberts
3B - Chris Davis
SS - Johnny Peralta
OF - Carlos Beltran
OF - Alex Rios
OF - Jayson Werth
OF - Ryan Spillsborough
U - Ryan Theriot - I expect this spot to change upon FA pick up but could use as trade bait in the season
U - Willy Teveras - I expect this spot to change upon FA pick up but could use as trade bait in the season
B - Orlando Hudson - Can drop if necessary
P - Tim Lincecum
P - Ervin Santana
P - Zack Greinke
P - Ted Lilly
P - Clayton Kershaw
P - Randy Johnson
P - Kenshin Kawakami
P - Jaokim Soria - I figure I can use him to lower era, whip and increas K's

I feel like I am lacking in power so I have had my eye on Cody Ross. Other FA sluggers are cust,galus,thames,swisher, wiggington and Kouzmanoff

I have also been thinking about inge due to his catcher eligibility and ST performance. Lastly maybe Jordan Zimmermann.

FA opens up friday so I have some time to iron out a plan. Any and all suggegstions would be appreciated.
Jazquez
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Help me shut up the "baseball" know it alls

Postby Jazquez » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:35 pm

Bump
Jazquez
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby shoelessjoetara » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:41 pm

Yea there are guys like this in every league. The best part is when you win your league and just let your team do the talking. Power is not the only category. You have guys that can steal bases and hit for average. You also have guys that will score runs and get RBI. I would pick up Thames if he is available. He is the starting DH for Detroit since Sheff was released. Lincecum is a solid pitcher and If you can pick up Zimmerman, I would hurry and grab him. Please help me out

viewtopic.php?t=375426
shoelessjoetara Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Meddler » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:07 pm

I really like this team. You value shopped very well, I think it will pay off. If power is a weakness, its slight, you're by no means out of contention in that category. I wouldn't even be all that concerned, you may not have a guaranteed huge power bat at a CIF or Util position, but you have solid power floor in the outfield and a sky high ceiling. You'll also be average or better with solid value picks at SS and C, and Davis has all kinds of power upside. I don't think you need to hit the panic button and get a slugger, rather you should just scour FA and the waiver wire for some more power upside. Is Travis Snider available? I think he'd be a nice upside pickup for this roster.

Assuming you got them close to their ADP I love the Davis, Werth, Greinke, and Lilly picks. Those are all guys that seem to jump out at me in every draft/mock draft as undervalued. Roberts and Johnson also seem to get a bit undervalued, but not quite as heavily. I think SP will be a solid surplus for you, so even if you do find yourself lacking in a category, you'll probably be able to use a pitcher to upgrade.

I have Zimmermann in one of my leagues, and Kawakami is available. But my staff is built a little different. CC and Haren fell a bit in my draft so I got both of them, but I don't have the same depth in the middle (I was targeting Lilly but got brutally chopped), so I wanted an upside SP with my last pick.
Meddler
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Meddler » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:12 pm

Meddler
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jupiter33 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:32 am

You look good in the Runs, RBI and SB categories. I agree, that it's too early to worry about your perceived lack of POWER. Werth, Davis, Beltran will hold there own. Add Zimmerman, and expect E Santana to be out for the month of April.

viewtopic.php?t=375726
jupiter33
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Jazquez » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:52 am

Thank you for all the responses thus far. Makes me feel good to hear that I have a shot in competing this year. I do still have a dilema. Our Free Agency opens up tomorrow at 12 and at the very least I have two bench spots on my roster. We only draft 20 players in our draft and we have a total of 22 team spots. Who or what categories should I be targeting? In my original post I put some of my free agency thoughts.
Jazquez
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby TheGinner » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:37 am

shoelessjoetara wrote:Yea there are guys like this in every league.

In my league all 14 of us are like that..... but probably because its a work league, it give us something different to talk about while we're working!
TheGinner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 6)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team