Trade Offer of Free Agent - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trade Offer of Free Agent

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Trade Offer of Free Agent

Postby AcidRock23 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:18 am

Whenever I get a 2 for 1 offer, I will take a look at the waiver wire to see if there's anything interesting, somebody hot, a callup for an injured regular, etc. It's fun to get a 'you bastard!' out of somebody that way...heh heh heh
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 4170
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Champaign, IL

Re: Trade Offer of Free Agent

Postby CadensDad » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:41 am

I always enjoy offering equally stupid trades back to people. Another favorite thing is someone who not only offers me a really stupid trade but shoots me a e-mail/PM and try's to talk me into the stupid trade.

Example: My Albert Pujols and Roy Oswalt for his Casey Kotchman and Jair Jurrjens

"With the way Pujols elbow is it's most likely going to blow out any day now and you don't want to be STUCK with him. Plus Oswalt is getting old and since I know your a Braves fan Jurrjens would be perfect to replace him."

I always like reading stuff like this.
Image

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5977
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 25 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade Offer of Free Agent

Postby Neato Torpedo » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:44 am

CadensDad wrote:I always enjoy offering equally stupid trades back to people. Another favorite thing is someone who not only offers me a really stupid trade but shoots me a e-mail/PM and try's to talk me into the stupid trade.

Example: My Albert Pujols and Roy Oswalt for his Casey Kotchman and Jair Jurrjens

"With the way Pujols elbow is it's most likely going to blow out any day now and you don't want to be STUCK with him. Plus Oswalt is getting old and since I know your a Braves fan Jurrjens would be perfect to replace him."

I always like reading stuff like this.

Real example or hypothetical example?
Image

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
Posts: 8618
Joined: 4 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: we don't burn gasoline, we burn our dreams

Re: Trade Offer of Free Agent

Postby CadensDad » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:00 pm

Neato Torpedo wrote:
CadensDad wrote:I always enjoy offering equally stupid trades back to people. Another favorite thing is someone who not only offers me a really stupid trade but shoots me a e-mail/PM and try's to talk me into the stupid trade.

Example: My Albert Pujols and Roy Oswalt for his Casey Kotchman and Jair Jurrjens

"With the way Pujols elbow is it's most likely going to blow out any day now and you don't want to be STUCK with him. Plus Oswalt is getting old and since I know your a Braves fan Jurrjens would be perfect to replace him."

I always like reading stuff like this.

Real example or hypothetical example?



I was offered my Pujols and Oswalt for I think it was Chuck James and Kelly Johnson last year. And the guys reasoning behind it was basically because Of Pujols elbow, Oswalts age and because I was a Braves fan. (It might not have been James/Johnson but it was 2 bottom of the line Braves players)
Image

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5977
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 25 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade Offer of Free Agent

Postby Neato Torpedo » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:13 pm

Geez. :-b I wonder if I'd get Zimmerman for Marshall from the local Cubs homer. I'm afraid to try.
Image

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
Posts: 8618
Joined: 4 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: we don't burn gasoline, we burn our dreams

Re: Trade Offer of Free Agent

Postby CadensDad » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:22 pm

Neato Torpedo wrote:Geez. :-b I wonder if I'd get Zimmerman for Marshall from the local Cubs homer. I'm afraid to try.



Yeah, that trade offer may not have been 100% exact but it was pretty close. There are just some dumb managers out there
Image

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5977
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 25 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact