Non-standard 5x5 Roto on Yahoo! (free) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Non-standard 5x5 Roto on Yahoo! (free)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Non-standard 5x5 Roto on Yahoo! (free)

Postby RancerDS » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:07 pm

ID# is 287767 and Password is "ubc"
16 teams
Draft time: Saturday April 4th, 12 Noon
5x5
Batting: GS, R, H, RBI and BB
Pitching: GS, W, SV, HLD, and K
{Reasoning: GS is restricted to 150 max at position, but should be easy points for active managers. Focus will be on non-HR baseball in that you'll focus on average and/or on-base percent to get a feel of how many points you can net. Where they are in the MLB lineups comes into play also. A Home Run will still ned an "R", "H" and an "RBI", so is +1 in all three categories... having HR is a bit redundant to me. For pitching, the GS is another "gimme". K's will be the larger focus, with W's important but with middle relievers and closers valueable with SV and HLD. I chose not to use any averages categories for the sake of having it be about accumulating points in categories.}

3-day wait on Trades (9 max), 5-day on Waivers (unlimited)
{Reasoning: It's very rare to see a dozen or more trades between managers in free Yahoo leagues, period. What I have seen is the pitcher rotation of someone picking up a starter, using them, dropping them and reacquiring them their following start. The 5-day waiver will give other teams a chance to pick up a quality starter that shows promise in mid-season that wasn't drafted or kept.}

1 C, 3 OF, 1 Util, 2 SP, 5 RP and 1 P (SP or RP).
6-man bench, 3-man DL
{Reasoning: The standard infield positions are included. I don't include an extra C, MI or CI... nor an extra OF. Bench is deep enough to deal with lack of "positions". 2 starters to allow for the 2 most likely and able to put up numbers, with the extra "P" if three of your pitchers start on the same day. If it's 4, tough rocks.. try to plan better. Lots of relievers to get the additional K's, SV's and HLD's. Holds are often the most overlooked in most leagues like this. Draft will be 23 rounds... deep enough for the max # of teams.}

Yahoo Can't Cut List
{Reasoning: If you are stuck with a player who's sent to the minors, out with a 60-day DL or dropped and not reaquired by another team... I would temporarily change this to allow someone to dump a player instead of being STUCK with them.)

Will it be a keeper league? Not sure yet. If I see lots of participation on the message boards, some trades during the year AND visible e-mail addresses, will definitely consider this. Might set up a link to an off-site message board for this league as well.

WARNING: A team that becomes inactive over a span of weeks or a month will possibly be LOCKED and all players benched. E-mailing the commish will buy you grace period(s) if out of town or on vacation.

Emails to RancerDS@yahoo.com will be answered. Password is "ubc". Teams with e-mail not visible will be kicked. Shooting for a minimum of 6 to 8 teams.
The average baseball fan watches the Boston Red Sox. The dedicated fan watches the Kansas City Royals.
RancerDS
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Non-standard 5x5 Roto on Yahoo! (free)

Postby RancerDS » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:03 pm

Not enough interest.

I've deleted the league. Please feel free to delete this topic altogether. Thank you.
The average baseball fan watches the Boston Red Sox. The dedicated fan watches the Kansas City Royals.
RancerDS
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Classifieds