Elvis Andrus - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Elvis Andrus

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Elvis Andrus

Postby Neboguy » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:10 am

mac-unit wrote:Hanley hit 32 homeruns in 5 minor league years(1733 AB/254 K). Andrus hit 15 homeruns in 4 minor league years(1598 AB/321 K). Hanley hit .302 in the Minors, Andrus hit .275.

No way should Andrus get these predictions of being the next Hanley. And I have no idea how you can project this after seeing 4 at bats from him.

My projections come from more than seeing 4 ABs of him, see my responses before. Andrus is 3 years younger than when Ramirez came up. Therefore I give him the benefit of doubt when comparing a 17HR difference . . .
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

Please Leave Feedback!

Neboguy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kab21 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:30 am

mac-unit wrote:Hanley hit 32 homeruns in 5 minor league years(1733 AB/254 K). Andrus hit 15 homeruns in 4 minor league years(1598 AB/321 K). Hanley hit .302 in the Minors, Andrus hit .275.

No way should Andrus get these predictions of being the next Hanley. And I have no idea how you can project this after seeing 4 at bats from him.

The important thing is not the minor league stats but the fact that Hanley has taken the atypical development path. And everyone I see someone make these types of comparisons (not you) I just shake my head since it leads to them expecting the same atypical development.

For every raw toolsy player that makes it (even to the renteria level) there are 10+ that never realize the potential of their tools.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 518)

Postby rentz » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:39 am

i had the privileged of watching andrus a lot last season in AA. He is a great talent, he struggled a bit at the plate in the first part of the season and came back from a wrist injury and starting batting much better and raised his avg from the low 200's.

He won't hit for much power in my opinion,but he does have a little pop. The one thing that fascinates me the most is that he's so young, but plays and carries himself like a much older experienced player.
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Neboguy » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:03 am

And since Andrus hits a home run in his second game, nobody else posts any more rebuttals . . .

I know here comes the next post,

"Every time some over hyped Latin prospect hits a home run in his second game, you guys go out and call him the next Hanley Ramirez."

Please Leave Feedback!

Neboguy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rentz » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:22 am

Neboguy wrote:And since Andrus hits a home run in his second game, nobody else posts any more rebuttals . . .

I know here comes the next post,

"Every time some over hyped Latin prospect hits a home run in his second game, you guys go out and call him the next Hanley Ramirez."

he's going to get a few home runs, but dont expect 10-20hr power out of the guy.
and ive seen him more than just the past 3 games.
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Neboguy » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:58 pm

I'll go ahead a put him down for 12 home runs, then laugh when he exceeds that . . .

Please Leave Feedback!

Neboguy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rentz » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:27 pm

Neboguy wrote:I'll go ahead a put him down for 12 home runs, then laugh when he exceeds that . . .

all im saying is the park in frisco he played in last season isn't exactly big, and he only had a few homeruns.
hes got some pop but not much.
how familiar are you with him? how many times have you seen him play ?

now as a ranger fan i'd love if he hits 10+ a year, but i just dont see it happening and i dont see why you do.
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby stcardinal » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:42 pm

Is he better than Aviles? Aviles is off to a slow start and he's been dropped from 2nd to 7th...
stcardinal
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Neboguy » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:43 am

I would say that Andrus is better than Aviles. Andrus will offer more steals, just as many home runs, and plays in a POTENT lineup in a hitters park.

Please Leave Feedback!

Neboguy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Merlin401 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:32 pm

Neboguy wrote:I would say that Andrus is better than Aviles. Andrus will offer more steals, just as many home runs, and plays in a POTENT lineup in a hitters park.

But probably 30 points lower average... I would rather Aviles personally (perhaps it would be even if Aviles weren't also 2B eligible)
Merlin401
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates