P-C.C.Sabathia, F. Cordero
bench-B.Penny, E.Jackson, J.Affeldt, D.Marte

My old-timer sqadron, not bad eh?
canibus Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jonnyblack » Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:28 pm

Not too shabby, especially if RJ stays healthy, and E. Jackson lives up to half the hype. What do your hitters look like?
98% of Americans have a favorable opinion of puppies and rainbows.
How do you spell "biased?"
jonnyblack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Living Room, Watchin Baseball on Mute, Ignoring Idiot Red Sox and Yankee Fans

Postby canibus » Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:37 pm

jonnyblack wrote:Not too shabby, especially if RJ stays healthy, and E. Jackson lives up to half the hype. What do your hitters look like?

Thanks, man. Yeah if RJ bounces back nicely, Oswalt stays injury free, and Mad Dog continues his stellar performance over the years, I think I'm pretty unstoppable pitching-wise. I wouldn't mind landing a toip close, but maybe I can do that off of FA in the coming months. I think my offense is pretty good too:

C-Piazza
1B-DLee
2B-MYoung
3B-Tex
SS-Renteria
IF-Nevin --stay healthy please
OF-Bonds,Shef,Gibbons
util-Matsui,Castillo
bench-Lofton
canibus Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby canibus » Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:56 pm

just changed my offense, I had listed the wrong team lol
canibus Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:01 am

Looks very potent. I'd kind of like to pick up Jackson just in case he takes off but I will hold off on that for a while.

I picked up Vazquez, Carlos Zambrano, Livan Hernandez, Santana, and José Contreras. After the first two, I was like 'damn, I'm just going to go for the All-Hispanic team', none of them are really 'bad' and I'm not really disappointed in any of them. Should be plenty of K...if I could only get Riviera too!!!

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby jonnyblack » Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:10 am

Anonymous wrote:Looks very potent. I'd kind of like to pick up Jackson just in case he takes off but I will hold off on that for a while.

I picked up Vazquez, Carlos Zambrano, Livan Hernandez, Santana, and José Contreras. After the first two, I was like 'damn, I'm just going to go for the All-Hispanic team', none of them are really 'bad' and I'm not really disappointed in any of them. Should be plenty of K...if I could only get Riviera too!!!

God bless racist rednecks!! (or not)

;-D ;-D ;-D
98% of Americans have a favorable opinion of puppies and rainbows.
How do you spell "biased?"
jonnyblack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Living Room, Watchin Baseball on Mute, Ignoring Idiot Red Sox and Yankee Fans

Postby intense » Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:51 am

Anonymous wrote:Looks very potent. I'd kind of like to pick up Jackson just in case he takes off but I will hold off on that for a while.

I have Vlad, Magglio, Vasquez, Cabrera and Vasquez as my all spanish team.
intense
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mtarail » Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:54 am

umm...none of those guys are from spain.

oh, forget it. :-°
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Postby canibus » Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:27 am

jonnyblack wrote:

God bless racist rednecks!! (or not)

;-D ;-D ;-D

Not sure what you mean, jonny. :-?
I'm not sure that his comment was racist, he was just noting that all those pitchers are from spanish speaking countries. Here's a note on the term "hispanic" from dictionary.com. Way to get off topic guys:

Usage Note: Though often used interchangeably in American English, Hispanic and Latino are not identical terms, and in certain contexts the choice between them can be significant. Hispanic, from the Latin word for “Spain,” has the broader reference, potentially encompassing all Spanish-speaking peoples in both hemispheres and emphasizing the common denominator of language among communities that sometimes have little else in common. Latinowhich in Spanish means "Latin" but which as an English word is probably a shortening of the Spanish word latinoamericanorefers more exclusively to persons or communities of Latin American origin. Of the two, only Hispanic can be used in referring to Spain and its history and culture; a native of Spain residing in the United States is a Hispanic, not a Latino, and one cannot substitute Latino in the phrase the Hispanic influence on native Mexican cultures without garbling the meaning. In practice, however, this distinction is of little significance when referring to residents of the United States, most of whom are of Latin American origin and can theoretically be called by either word. ·A more important distinction concerns the sociopolitical rift that has opened between Latino and Hispanic in American usage. For a certain segment of the Spanish-speaking population, Latino is a term of ethnic pride and Hispanic a label that borders on the offensive. According to this view, Hispanic lacks the authenticity and cultural resonance of Latino, with its Spanish sound and its ability to show the feminine form Latina when used of women. Furthermore, Hispanicthe term used by the U.S. Census Bureau and other government agenciesis said to bear the stamp of an Anglo establishment far removed from the concerns of the Spanish-speaking community. While these views are strongly held by some, they are by no means universal, and the division in usage seems as related to geography as it is to politics, with Latino widely preferred in California and Hispanic the more usual term in Florida and Texas. Even in these regions, however, usage is often mixed, and it is not uncommon to find both terms used by the same writer or speaker.
canibus Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers