How Low Does Braun Go? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How Low Does Braun Go?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How Low Does Braun Go?

Postby Guttenburg » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:09 am

Now with news of this rib injury that apparently "may never go away completely" how low does Braun slip on your draft lists? Is Sizemore the clear cut leader now in the OF? Does a guy like Howard maybe move ahead of him?

I like Braun as much as the next guy, but this lingering injury does not bode well for anybody.
Guttenburg
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How Low Does Braun Go?

Postby Ender » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:36 am

He slipped behind Cabrera and Sizemore for me. He is playing and doesn't feel any pain so doesn't seem to be a big deal atm.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby drunkmonkey » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:08 pm

I'm not dropping him at all. Pujols has been dealing with an elbow injury since '03. Have you dropped him on your draft lists?
drunkmonkey
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtxdevil » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:11 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:I'm not dropping him at all. Pujols has been dealing with an elbow injury since '03. Have you dropped him on your draft lists?

i don't think Pujols' elbow and Braun's rib injury are very comparable at all...
mtxdevil
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby J35J » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:13 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:I'm not dropping him at all. Pujols has been dealing with an elbow injury since '03. Have you dropped him on your draft lists?

2 separate things...Pujols has nothing to do with Braun.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby drunkmonkey » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:27 pm

You're right. Pujols has an elbow injury that seems to be fine now, but could blow at any time. Braun has a rib injury that seems to be fine now, but could blow at any time. My bad.

Yes, Pujols's injury has been identified, but the doctors know that they're only managing it now, but they don't know how long it will hold, and surgery will probably be a necessity in the future (near or far).

So, we have 2 injuries, neither of which are currently bothering the player, and both of which may cause problems down the road. No, they're not completely similar, but I don't see the point of the "2 separate things" posts which don't offer any insight of their own.
drunkmonkey
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yanks_Baby » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:37 pm

The only thing I see this doing is maybe effecting his SB's. Don't want him running in case he slides awkwardly, or gets tagged harshly etc. and injures the rib in a freak accident. But even that I doubt will change much.

He doesn't drop at all to me.
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Scooter1027 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:06 pm

It has me ever-so-slightly concerned, but I haven't moved him down my draft list. I always had Miggy ahead of him, and Sizemore right behind him. Maybe he and Grady are a wash to me now, I don't know, but I'm not that worried yet. I don't think it will affect his SBs, if anything it could affect his BA, as he had some trouble making contact on inside pitches at the end of last year when he had this problem. But so far he's saying it's fine, and I'm gonna trust him for now.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Yoda » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:18 pm

Baseball injuries can be overblown at times. He seems fine.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby J35J » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:08 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:You're right. Pujols has an elbow injury that seems to be fine now, but could blow at any time. Braun has a rib injury that seems to be fine now, but could blow at any time. My bad.

Yes, Pujols's injury has been identified, but the doctors know that they're only managing it now, but they don't know how long it will hold, and surgery will probably be a necessity in the future (near or far).

So, we have 2 injuries, neither of which are currently bothering the player, and both of which may cause problems down the road. No, they're not completely similar, but I don't see the point of the "2 separate things" posts which don't offer any insight of their own.

:-° I wasn't posting to offer any insight whatsoever other than to point out that your comments were meaningless. Just didn't want someone that didn't know to try to compare the two as well....no comparison.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers