Owning more than one team in Yahoo leagues - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Owning more than one team in Yahoo leagues

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Owning more than one team in Yahoo leagues

Postby jbuk » Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:06 pm

Hi guys, am drafting in a Yahoo league tonight, and have just noticed while looking at the teams & managers list that 2 of the teams are owned by someone with the same Yahoo ID.

Now I know CBS don't let you have 2 teams in the same league, and I assumed the other sites wouldn't either.

Luckily it's a free league, and a custom league, so the commish will hopefully do something about it, but I'm amazed Yahoo would let this happen, I mean it's pretty obvious collusion.

Anybody else have anything like this happen, or any thoughts?
jbuk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NittanyLions » Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:14 pm

I am actually doing this and im the commmish. MY parents wanted in the league, so I let them in, but we only had 1 email. i do think its weird, but i guess if you have people sharing IDs in a league you must trust eachother enough not to mess around ;-D
NittanyLions
College Coach
College Coach

Web Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LionsandTigersOhMy » Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:14 pm

That why I only do pay leagues.There is always some BS goin on in those free leagues.Unless its all buddies that you know.
LionsandTigersOhMy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jonnyblack » Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:18 pm

No dice, quit and join another league before the draft
98% of Americans have a favorable opinion of puppies and rainbows.
How do you spell "biased?"
jonnyblack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Living Room, Watchin Baseball on Mute, Ignoring Idiot Red Sox and Yankee Fans

Postby Chiefscards » Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:45 pm

I agree, get out of the league ASAP. Probably some fool thinking he's pulling a fast one!
Any fool can piss on the floor....may you be the hero that craps on the ceiling!
Chiefscards
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jbuk » Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:21 pm

Thanks for the input guys.

My first thought was to get out as well, but in the end I decided to stay in and if there was anything dodgy going on, the commish could just lock their teams.

As it happened, neither of them (if there are 2) turned up for the draft so got set with pretty bad teams.

I'll still keep an eye on it though.

I agree with the pay leagues bit, though being from outside the US I'm not eligible for any prizes on any of the sites, and don't know anybody who likes baseball around here.

Will definitely have to try a cafe pay league or two next year :-)
jbuk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

reponse

Postby bruuno2 » Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:07 pm

Dont worry about it!Just let the rest of the league know.And they will be watched extra closely.It only takes 4 votes to veto a trade"so i am told".And most players love to veto anyway..just because they can,. :-°
bruuno2
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bost0n » Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:31 pm

That has happened in about 2 of my 10 or so leagues. I dont really mind it and the only reason they do it is because they want to get on the yahoo leader boards unfairly. if youre a good player, you can keep up(about 50-60% of the time) with them because they usually suck. If it happens to be fairly active, just veto the cheap trades that they will start proposing.
cross your fingers for missouri
bost0n
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:10 am

jbuk wrote:Thanks for the input guys.

My first thought was to get out as well, but in the end I decided to stay in and if there was anything dodgy going on, the commish could just lock their teams.

As it happened, neither of them (if there are 2) turned up for the draft so got set with pretty bad teams.

I'll still keep an eye on it though.

I agree with the pay leagues bit, though being from outside the US I'm not eligible for any prizes on any of the sites, and don't know anybody who likes baseball around here.

Will definitely have to try a cafe pay league or two next year :-)

You should try the classified section of the cafe forums to find decent competitive leagues. I found my leagues from here this year. Better than Yahoo public leagues. In couple of the leagues, we decided to create a cash pot for league prize and everyone paid via paypal. good incentive to stay competitive...
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby dannahann » Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:28 am

It doesn't necessarily mean it's one guy or a crooked deal. We had the same suspicions in a league a few years back...same email same ID...but it turned out to simply be a father and his minor son (16ish) who he was simply protecting from cyber pervs. They never did a shady deal all season. In a second instance it was a husband and wife with one email account. They went for each other's jugulars all season. Ask what's up in your league but don't automatically assume it's a crooked arrangement. ;-D
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers