Urgent Advice...Who to drop on my roster? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Urgent Advice...Who to drop on my roster?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Urgent Advice...Who to drop on my roster?

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:53 am

PlayingWithFire wrote:Get rid of Matt Tuiasosopo, Scott Elbert and Melancon

could consider stubbs instead of Elbert.

The thing with Elbert is that he's probably not going back to SP and Melancon is probably not going to be the Yankees closer. Melancon can be a pretty good middle reliever and Elbert has a tiny chance of being a useful SP. Depending on whether you like to gamble or not.


Don't drop Stubbs as he gets Jim Edmonds comparisons with his glove and potential with the bat as he could really breakout this year as he's cutting down on Ks. Elbert has great potential but likely can't stay healthy enough to start full-time and lefty closers are rare. I'd also rather drop Meloan rather than Melancon.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8474
(Past Year: 103)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Urgent Advice...Who to drop on my roster?

Postby DevilDriver » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:42 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
Don't drop Stubbs as he gets Jim Edmonds comparisons with his glove and potential with the bat as he could really breakout this year as he's cutting down on Ks.


He showed very little power last season and had almost as many Ks as games played. Also, most of his numbers came when he was in high A as a 23 yo. Nothing points toward a breakout in AAA. He's a good real-life prospect being a CF with good on-base skills and a great glove, but in fantasy his bat really limits his value.
Image
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 3431
Joined: 4 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beast mode

Re: Urgent Advice...Who to drop on my roster?

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:22 pm

DevilDriver wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
Don't drop Stubbs as he gets Jim Edmonds comparisons with his glove and potential with the bat as he could really breakout this year as he's cutting down on Ks.


He showed very little power last season and had almost as many Ks as games played. Also, most of his numbers came when he was in high A as a 23 yo. Nothing points toward a breakout in AAA. He's a good real-life prospect being a CF with good on-base skills and a great glove, but in fantasy his bat really limits his value.


Compared to prior years he's drastically cut back his k rate which is a promising sign.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8474
(Past Year: 103)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Urgent Advice...Who to drop on my roster?

Postby Bigball » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:38 pm

Ive dropped Ike and Tui...

Need to drop 1 more.

looking at Elbert or.......

16 team dynasty h2h... sp,rp,lf,c,rf positions.

I will keep Stubbs
its the biggest no brainer in the history of earth....
Bigball
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 536
Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: home sweet home

Re: Urgent Advice...Who to drop on my roster?

Postby DevilDriver » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:37 pm

Bigball wrote:Ive dropped Ike and Tui...

Need to drop 1 more.

looking at Elbert or.......

16 team dynasty h2h... sp,rp,lf,c,rf positions.

I will keep Stubbs


The LF/CF/RF set-up raises Stubbs' value a bit; I'd keep him in that case, too.

I think your last drop should be Meloan.
Image
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 3431
Joined: 4 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beast mode

Re: Urgent Advice...Who to drop on my roster?

Postby DevilDriver » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:48 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
DevilDriver wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
Don't drop Stubbs as he gets Jim Edmonds comparisons with his glove and potential with the bat as he could really breakout this year as he's cutting down on Ks.


He showed very little power last season and had almost as many Ks as games played. Also, most of his numbers came when he was in high A as a 23 yo. Nothing points toward a breakout in AAA. He's a good real-life prospect being a CF with good on-base skills and a great glove, but in fantasy his bat really limits his value.


Compared to prior years he's drastically cut back his k rate which is a promising sign.


True but he had to sacrifice some power to do so. I'm not convinced he'll be able to increase his power output while sustaining his K-rate progress.
Image
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 3431
Joined: 4 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beast mode

Re: Urgent Advice...Who to drop on my roster?

Postby J35J » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:52 pm

I'd still gladly just get ride of the 3 RP....easy decision for me....it's a rare day when I would keep a minor league RP on any of my fantasy teams.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10464
(Past Year: 620)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Urgent Advice...Who to drop on my roster?

Postby DevilDriver » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:18 pm

J35J wrote:I'd still gladly just get ride of the 3 RP....easy decision for me....it's a rare day when I would keep a minor league RP on any of my fantasy teams.


Yeah but Ike Davis and Tui?? Both have a next to zero likelihood of becoming top 20 fantasy players at their respective positions. At least the relievers have some upside (to become a closer).

And I'm revising my choice for the last drop again, I didn't realized Elbert was converted to a reliever. Considering Meloan has a much clear path to become closer, I would drop Elbert.
Image
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 3431
Joined: 4 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beast mode

Re: Urgent Advice...Who to drop on my roster?

Postby kab21 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:07 pm

I would drop both Elbert. I would also drop Meloan but you only need to drop one more.

One I wouldn't drop is Wilin Rosario. He's a high risk/reward guy that should be rostered easily in a 320 player MiLB system.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 5291
(Past Year: 522)
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Sunday, Apr. 20
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at Cleveland
(1:05 pm)
LA Angels at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Seattle at Miami
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Atlanta at NY Mets
(1:10 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(1:35 pm)
St. Louis at Washington
(1:35 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(1:40 pm)
indoors
Minnesota at Kansas City
(2:10 pm)
Cincinnati at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Chi White Sox at Texas
(3:05 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
Arizona at LA Dodgers
(4:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(4:10 pm)
Baltimore at Boston
(7:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact