Best ways to get tickets in certain towns? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Best ways to get tickets in certain towns?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Best ways to get tickets in certain towns?

Postby Trojan Pony » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:02 am

Craigslist is a mixed bag and where the BEST values can SOMETIMES be found... I was basically a season ticket holder because this lady I found on CL kept releasing her company's tickets to me at almost half face value. Then one day she stopped reply to my emails... :( I think she caught on that what a good deal I was getting, haha. So yeah, Craigslist has a few gems in a sea of crap, but in a pinch I find eBay to be more consistent and reliable, not to mention a lot safer. I find good tickets at good prices for Yankee games all the time and other stadiums are probably even easier/cheaper.
Trojan Pony
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Phatferd » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:55 pm

Thanks guys.

I thought about Craigslist, but the thing with that is I would really like to make sure I have the tickets before I get into a town. For some of these towns I'm literally just going to drive into town to see the game then leave town right after. It just might be difficult meeting people the day of and making sure I get to the game. I'd rather do that than pay 4x the face value of some tickets.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jzfran » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:09 pm

IN Boston I know, with the economy being so bad, tickets on Stubhub are not much over face. I found a pair of weeknight games for like $25 a piece in the bleachers.
jzfran
General Manager
General Manager

Postby woodson_28 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:22 pm

If you ever find yourself in KC wanting to go to a Royals game, the best place to get tickets are ... at the ticket window. Really, you can find tickets for cheap everywhere. My wife and I went to a Royal game last year (playing the Rangers - I'm a Tex fan). It was $1 hotdog night and we got our tickets for under $10 total (each was like $4). And it was third base side, first row in upper deck (not bad). Spent about $15 on hotdogs.
woodson_28
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to General Talk