H2H Points. Don't like my team! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

H2H Points. Don't like my team!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

H2H Points. Don't like my team!

Postby Redefine9d » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:01 pm

I just drafted this team in my H2H points money league. I'm not too sure how I feel about it. I have some high upside players but I feel like I could definitely be in trouble, right now I think it's middle of the pack at best and need to make some moves to really upgrade it. Mainly at 2B and SP.

Scoring: Run 1, RBI 1, Single 1, Walk, 1, SB 2, Double 2, Triple 3, HR 4, K (batter) -1
IP 2, K 1, ER -1, BB -1, H -1, Loss -4, Win 8, BS -2, Save 5, Holds 5, QS 3, CG 5, SO 10

C Posada
1B Pujols
2B K. Johnson
3B Beltre
SS Tulowitzki
LF Conor Jackson
CF Beltran
RF Markakis
OF Rios
Util Victorino
Util N. Cruz
BN Spilborghs

SP Liriano
SP F. Hernandez
SP Wainwright
SP J. Vazquez
SP Greinke
SP J. Johnson
SP Carpenter
SP Young
RP Broxton
RP Putz
RP Hanrahan
RP Morrow

I obviously need to upgrade 2B and am targeting Brian Roberts. I'd also like to add another quality SP and am targeting Garza and also thinking of trading away Felix. I am also thinking of dropping Spilborghs and picking up a RP from the WW. Please help. WHIR. Thanks!
Redefine9d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: H2H Points. Don't like my team!

Postby The Mighty Trow » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:23 pm

Thanks for your help with mine. I don't have experience with Points leagues, but I can comment on your roster.

Brian Roberts woudl be ideal (gives a significant edge in triples, SBs), but at what price? There are some who think Kelly Johnson is going to have an under-the-radar yet solid year. Given the rest of your lineup, he's the weakest link but he's not that weak. The rest of your hitters are great, and I wouldn't want to mess with them in order to net B-Rob. If you can drop Spilly for a closer (which one is on waivers?) then I'd definitely do that, as he's pretty useless on your bench and no way he'll outperform your CF. Saves count for a lot, it would seem...

I like your staff, to be honest. Your top five are just solid (even with Felix) and Young and Carpenter will not hurt you. Your rotation doesn't have a "big name" but i see it as solid across the board. Garza over Felix might net you handful more Wins, but I believe it to be a wash when it comes to the ratios and a loss for your K's. I'd take Felix's upside over Garza's right now. But I know some who would disagree.

good luck to you ;-D
The Mighty Trow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby rupertoooo » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:26 pm

If this is a 12 team league I believe you fielded a good team. You have a nice mixture of power and speed as long as Cruz shows that 40+ HR potential. If he does not live up to that potential I believe you will come up short in that area. Your SP is solid and very deep, if Liriano, Johnson and Carpenter stay healthy I would be amazed if your not at the top of your league. Your RP is thin but nothing that a active waiver wire guy can remedy.

Personally I am a fan of Kelly Johnson and believe you will be fine with him. IMO the only area you may wind up short is power. Now if Cruz is the real deal, I believe you will be OK.
Good Luck
rupertoooo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Lenny6 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:29 pm

Thanks for your help on mine!

How many teams are in your league? In my 12-team league Kelly Johnson has been a viable starter at 2B. Unless you can get a great deal on Roberts, you might just want to wait and see how Johnson does or pick up another 2B who gets off to a hot start.

I like your pitching depth, too. You lack a true ace, so that might be something to consider trading for. Felix to Garza is not an upgrade. As for the RP's, you could be okay if Morrow is named the Mariners closer as reported.

You're right about having some high upside players and at this point your best option might be to wait and see if it pans out. If/when you do need to improve, I am guessing that it will be at the positions you identified, 2B & SP, or also 3B, but I don't know if it makes sense doing it before you see if these players perform as you are hoping they do. Sorry if that's not the answer you were hoping to get!
Lenny6
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 12)

Postby AnddWon » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:34 pm

I think you will get rewards for taking Casilla, I really do, I dropped Kelly Johnson for him in a league already! I'm not suggesting you do this but our team looks solid, nice P depth.

Please help me

viewtopic.php?t=373787
AnddWon
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Redefine9d » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:42 pm

Thanks for all of the help guys.

I am targeting Garza, but would not trade Felix for him. Just to clarify. I like Felix a bit more.

I would very much like Roberts, and as it is a points league, we go by total points so the balance of a team really does not matter as long as you are getting guys that provide you with the most points. Players who hit a good amount of extra bases hits and do not strike out often are pretty valuable, as you can see with Connor Jackson.

Same goes for closers/middle relievers. Holds and saves are worth the same amount. I like the relief pitchers that I have right now and I think will provide me with some solid holds/saves totals.

As far as Roberts goes, I am thinking of offering Victorino and maybe another player for him. It's a 10-team league, and the other available 2B are Ian Stewart and Mike Fontenot. I waited too long for 2B and wound up just picking Johnson with my second to last pick. In regards to Spilborghs, I dropped him for Matt Thornton, but I don't know how long I really plan on keeping him around.

I'd also like to trade Chris Young, but am unsure who to target for him? Do you like him more than Cueto? Thanks!
Redefine9d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team