Cliff Lee - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cliff Lee

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Cliff Lee

Postby Yoda » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:54 pm

I think that it is safe to assume he hit his peak in 09. If that is the case then there is no real room to go up but a lot of room to go down. Unless if you believe he can get better that is.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rookies and cream » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:39 pm

j24jags wrote:
ayebatter wrote:
j24jags wrote:I'd say expect him to produce like a #3/#4 starter. I definitely would not be comfortable with him as my #2, but I do expect something around 15 Ws/150 Ks/3.7 ERA/1.25 WHIP...

Agreed here, about the same as Kuroda (who I got in the 22nd round of the Cafe Noobs draft).

Agreed, Lee is not good VALUE but he is a pretty good pitcher. I don't have him on any of my teams this year just because I'm not willing to pay the price.

Well, Lee would be pretty good value at picks 90-110 if he could perform at 75-80% of his 2008, which is about what I'm hoping for.
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 45)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:55 pm

rookies and cream wrote:
j24jags wrote:
ayebatter wrote:Agreed here, about the same as Kuroda (who I got in the 22nd round of the Cafe Noobs draft).

Agreed, Lee is not good VALUE but he is a pretty good pitcher. I don't have him on any of my teams this year just because I'm not willing to pay the price.

Well, Lee would be pretty good value at picks 90-110 if he could perform at 75-80% of his 2008, which is about what I'm hoping for.

I agree. I took him as the 21st SP off the board in the Pond Scum League, and I am fine with the thought of him being one of the Top 20 fantasy SP this season, and have no delusions of an '08 repeat.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers