Yahoo PLUS playoff help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo PLUS playoff help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo PLUS playoff help

Postby pdidddy10 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:40 am

this is my league's first year doing PLUS. we have 14 teams and 2 divisions. 6 teams make the playoffs. But is it 3 teams from each division or top 6 records for the whole league? thanks
pdidddy10
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo PLUS playoff help

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:37 pm

It's got to be 3 from each division. There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason concerning division/non-division scheduling (in my 12-teamer, you just play every team twice regardless of division), so it's got to be the Top 3 from each division. Otherwise the divisions are nothing other than simply for show.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 370)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:55 pm

As it stands today, it is the top 6 records in the league, and not the top 3 in each division. The fact that this isn't in the spirit of divisions is a known issue, and fixing that is on "the list".
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 60)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:59 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:As it stands today, it is the top 6 records in the league, and not the top 3 in each division. The fact that this isn't in the spirit of divisions is a known issue, and fixing that is on "the list".

So the divisions are just for show then? They don't vary the schedule, and they don't change the playoff outcome. Should we expect this change to occur this season, or more of a 2010 expectation? Thanks for your reply, Genie.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:16 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:As it stands today, it is the top 6 records in the league, and not the top 3 in each division. The fact that this isn't in the spirit of divisions is a known issue, and fixing that is on "the list".

So the divisions are just for show then? They don't vary the schedule, and they don't change the playoff outcome. Should we expect this change to occur this season, or more of a 2010 expectation? Thanks for your reply, Genie.

Effectively, at this point, they are just for show. As always I can't say if or when we will implement any new feature, but I do feel comfortable saying this isn't something we'd change mid-season, so it will not happen for baseball 2009.

I don't like it either. But at least I can make sure you guys understand how it works.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 60)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:24 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

Effectively, at this point, they are just for show. As always I can't say if or when we will implement any new feature, but I do feel comfortable saying this isn't something we'd change mid-season, so it will not happen for baseball 2009.

I don't like it either. But at least I can make sure you guys understand how it works.

Appreciate the clarification. I just wanted to be able to post 'the deal' in my league so that when August rolls around there is no whining and complaining about how it's my fault, the way they think I get to control ERA being the tie-breaker :-D

Again, thanks for the heads up and clarification. I'd really love to see not only this change, but also scheduling modifications for divisions in 2010. It was one of the major reasons we decided to go with the Plus League in '09.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby pdidddy10 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:11 pm

thanks for clarifying this.
pdidddy10
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers