Rate the squad (new member) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate the squad (new member)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate the squad (new member)

Postby MrBtotheG » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:08 am

Hey guys, new member to these forums. My 4th year of fantasy baseball, had a live draft yesterday I think I made out pretty well. I had the third pick in the draft (9 teams; friendly money league), I finally got D. Wright on the squad.

C: D. Navarro
1b: A. Gonzalez
2b: I. Kinsler
ss: R. Furcal
3b: D. Wright
OF: A. Soriano
OF: C. Quintin
OF: Ichiro
UTIL(3): C. Davis, C. Young, J. Votto
BN: L. Milledge, J. Cantu

SP: B. Webb, F. Liriano, E. Volquez, J. Verlander, S. Baker, E. Santana, J. Cueto
RP: J. Broxton, H. Bell, M. Capps, F. Francisco

I'm really liking the team, especially if they stay healthy, but do they ever? For no reason other than a gut feeling, I think Soriano will bounce back in a big way this year, as will Verlander. I purposely drafted very young, hoping it pays off, wish this was a keeper league.

My pitching could be a question mark, but I made a decision to wait on pitching and still think I made out with a good rotation. Cueto was my last pick, already thinking about dumping him for another reliever.
MrBtotheG
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate the squad (new member)

Postby Padres Fan » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:42 am

My only flaws with your team is there should be a better ww catcher option than Navarro, he hits decent but has minimal power, Kurt Suzuki is a good option 500+ at bats and should hit .280 15hrs, Cantu is somewhat of a gamble, would drop him for a utilty that can play SS in case Furcal starts having back issues again and goes on day to day status.

A++ Starting pitching with acouple high reward gambles in Verlander and Cueto, and very solid RP

comment on mine, please?
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=374440
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team