You Rate My Team, I'll Rate Yours WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

You Rate My Team, I'll Rate Yours WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

You Rate My Team, I'll Rate Yours WHIR

Postby sigriffey » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:39 pm

Please rate my team based on the cats below ... if there is anyone worth trading that I should know about, I'd love to hear.

Note: Griffey must stay based on the Team name and other factors... even though I typically don't approach Fantasy as a fan....

12 Team H2H league, 6 Keepers.

stat cats: R, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG -- IP, W, L, CG, ER, ERA, K, SV, WHIP

My Team:

C Napoli
1B Pujols
2B Pedroia
SS Rollins
3B Cabrera
OF Sizemore
OF Granderson
OF Damon
UT T.Hunter, Fred Lewis, Griffey
B E.Andrus, Wieters

SP Sabathia, Peavy, Billingsley, Lilly, Kershaw, Scherzer, B.Myers, K.Escobar
RP Broxton,M.Gonzalez, Motte
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: You Rate My Team, I'll Rate Yours WHIR

Postby Arion718 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:10 pm

I think you need some power hitters in the OF department. Damon and Granderson do provide speed but low power. Maybe trade those for power hitter(s). I love your in-field players, though. They rock.

Your pitching staff is trailing off at the back end after CC and Billingsley. Peavy is not 100%. You need another top end pitcher.
Arion718
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby pappymojo » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:31 pm

very good team. I don't really see any holes. With that being said, I think Lewis is expendable and would probably cut him loose for another closer even if it was someone who hasn't been named a closer like Chris Ray.
pappymojo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby kweiss » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:32 pm

I don't know what the other teams in your league look like, but your team looks pretty unfair (in a good way for you). You have 4 first rounders on one team! You also have basically 3 aces on your pitching staff.

If I had anything to complain about, I'd suggest getting one more power bat for either one of your last two OF spots or 3 UTIL spots. You have enough speed between Rollins, Pedroia, Sizemore, Granderson, Damon, and Hunter that you could definitely afford to ship Granderson, Damon, or Hunter out in a deal that grabs you some more power. And the rest of your starting pitching staff besides your big 3 are very high risk (but high upside ;-D).

Great team though.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=374580
kweiss
College Coach
College Coach

Postby javens » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:01 pm

You're team is extremely strong and I am having trouble pinpointing a spot for you to improve. The only part that stand out to me is that you do have room for improvement at the closer position, although I do agree with the philosophy that closers are not worth using high draft picks. Broxton and Gonzo should be good enough closers to get by, especially with your power house offense. I disagree with the above poster, saying that you lack power. I feel that any team with Pujols is going to compete all offensive categories every week, but have Miguel Cabrera in addition? I don't see you ever losing a week due to offensive struggles. Sorry if my post is more of a praise than an analysis, but your team doesn't have any glaring holes. Good luck in the season.

Help me with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=374831
javens
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 10)

Postby skjelstrom » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:12 pm

You have a GREAT team. Actually im kind of wondering how in the world you did that.

I don't see much but the most notable thing would be your pitching. I would actually drop Lilly he is terrible and not seeing improvement. I think you can find better on the WW or FA. Look for a good high upside kind of guy. Also You need help in your RP.

Im not sold on Broxton but he may be good so its a risk with him. Its also a risk with Gonzalez. He will either have INCREDIBLE stuff this year or he will need another year to figure it out. So those 2 are risks and you don't have much backup in Motte...

Also maybe look to pick up a high upside risk player for a backup Catcher. Napoli is very streaky and not very solid. This isn't TOO big of a concern but keep your eyes open there.

Good draft overall. I REALLY like your linup and rotation. KILLER

Can you help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=374432
skjelstrom Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Postby h_bogan » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:17 pm

Wow....did you draft this team? If so, I would love to be in this league. Good overall team, I would work on the 3rd OF and another pretty good pitcher as well.

Help me... viewtopic.php?t=374962
h_bogan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team