Rate my new team! WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my new team! WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my new team! WHIR

Postby headrulz101 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:25 am

Hey guys it's a while I haven't posted here! Can't wait to start the 2009 Fantasy Season!

Anyways I'm in a 14 team H2H league.

My Team:

C: Mike Napoli
1B: Miguel Cabrera (3B)
2B: Chase Utley
3B: Mark Reynolds
SS: Miguel Tejada
OF: Matt Kemp
OF: Jacoby Ellsbury
OF: JD Drew
Util: Adrian Gonzalez (1B)
BN: Marco Scutaro (2B, 3B, SS)

SP: Felix Hernandez
SP: Ricky Nolasco
RP: Jose Valverde
RP: Francisco Cordero
P: Ryan Dempster
P: Troy Percival
p: Matt Lindstrom
BN: Clayton Kershaw
BN: Brandon Morrow
BN: Jair Jurrjens
BN: Gil Meche

Notable FAs:

Kevin Slowey
John Smoltz
Brandon Lyon
Mike Jacobs

Note: My team is pretty heavy on saves (holds count too in this league though) and it seems like most of my power hitting is tied up in the infield. I was thinking of packaging one of my pitchers with JD Drew for a better OF. Thoughts?
headrulz101
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my new team! WHIR

Postby Texas Flats » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:02 pm

Your offense seems pretty balanced, and yeah, your power is mainly in the infield, your outfield is mostly speed. Nothing wrong with that, as long as you get power and speed somewhere, it doesn't matter where.

I think the top of your rotation looks pretty good with Hernandez and Nolasco, but with you mentioning those FA down there, I like Slowey more than I like Morrow, at least for this season. The rest of your rotation looks like it's built toward guys who can break out in a big way this year (except for Meche, he's really underrated, I like him for the value you get out of him) but don't be surprised if Jurrjens and Kershaw have some growing pains (especially Jurrjens, I don't think he repeats last year at all. Maybe I'm just hoping against it because I'm a Tigers fan and they gave him away for nothing, so at least get a second opinion on him before you do anything rash.)

You can't really expect more than 120 games or so out of Drew, so you're definitely going to need a backup outfielder for all those games he'll be hurt. And for a backup infielder, it is nice that Scutaro qualifies for 2B, 3B and SS, but there has to be someone a little bit better than him who's available.

Care to check out my team? Thanks.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=374622
Texas Flats
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: Rate my new team! WHIR

Postby pappymojo » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:22 pm

decent team. First things first, I would definitely drop morrow for slowey. I don't trust Tejada at all. By any chance is Christian Guzman available as a free agent? Another OF could help as well. I would move Gonzalez to 1B and Cabrera to 3B and try to trade Reynolds. All in all a solid team for a 14 team league.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=374642
pappymojo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team