2: Phillips
SS: M Young
3: Miggy
OF: Hart
OF: Dye
OF: Werth
UTIL: Sandoval
BN: Connor Jackson

SP: Hamels, Lackey(will probably go to my DL spot), Gallardo,Maholm,Kawakami,K Escobar
RP: Nathan, Capps, Devine, Motte

So, any area worth improving?

Yes, I am willing to wait for Escobar to return, he was too good 2 years ago to take the chance that he'll get snatched back up. When Lackey returns, I plan to grab Smoltzie back and put him on my DL.

I'm thinking of grabbing either Fred Lewis or D Murphy when I DL Lackey. And I can plug Sandoval at C and bump C Jackson to UTIL if he starts off hot, but he's not doing so well this ST, I figure I'll let him ride the pine until he heats up.
livinginarizona Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How's my team look? WHIR

Postby Texas Flats » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:08 pm

I was thinking of taking a flier on Escobar, but everyone's forgotten about him, if I really want I can just pick him up later in the season, maybe when I drop someone I can scoop him up and put him in my DL spot, then go ahead and pick up whatever replacement I was going for. But I digress...

Phillips, Hart and Werth should get you between 20-30 stolen bases each, but the rest of your team is completely devoid of speed. You have plenty of pop, I'm hoping Miggy and Morneau can counteract Napoli and Dye to help you out with your BA a bit.

Your SP looks pretty good between Hamels, Lackey (once he returns, hopefully he'll be at full strength) and Gallardo, and Maholm should be pretty good this year. He'll at least help in the other categories, maybe not so much wins. Kawakami missed some time last season with a back injury, and he already missed a start because of shoulder fatigue, so you're going to have to keep an eye on him at least.
Texas Flats
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby livinginarizona » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:20 pm

Texas Flats wrote:I

Phillips, Hart and Werth should get you between 20-30 stolen bases each, but the rest of your team is completely devoid of speed. You have plenty of pop, I'm hoping Miggy and Morneau can counteract Napoli and Dye to help you out with your BA a bit.

Napoli hit .275 practically and Dye hit .300 almost. I'll take that any day of the week. AVG is not something I'm worried about on my team. I'm expecting something around .290-.300 which I think will place me way up there.
Speed-wise, yes, I am devoid in that department, which is why I'm targeting Fred Lewis in SF. He's slated to hit fifth in that lineup so I can see him giving me some good stats in RBI, Average, and hopefully some Stolen Bases.
Also, the owner of Denard Span just dropped him so I may pick up Span, only problem I have with Minny's OF is too many outfielders.

I also grabbed Napoli as trade bait, many catchers are either not going to be available (Wieters, Mauer, maybe Mcann because of the injury yesterday) so that I might be able to upgrade my outfield even more.

Texas Flats wrote:Your SP looks pretty good between Hamels, Lackey (once he returns, hopefully he'll be at full strength) and Gallardo, and Maholm should be pretty good this year. He'll at least help in the other categories, maybe not so much wins. Kawakami missed some time last season with a back injury, and he already missed a start because of shoulder fatigue, so you're going to have to keep an eye on him at least.

Kawakami? This is his first year in the MLB...are you referring to him playing in Japan last year?
And yes, I am aware of his arm fatigue issue this year, I view him as a #4 SP for me. I plan to hold onto him for the first half of the season until batters figure him out.
livinginarizona Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Texas Flats » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:31 pm

I might've been wrong about Dye (he'll probably be around .285 or so), but with Napoli, I'm not looking for anything close to .275. With him, I figure anything above .250 is a bonus. Hart was awful in September, so as long as he doesn't go into stretches like that this year (I wouldn't be surprised if he does, he's only walked 3 times this Spring, so it's probably going to be feast or famine with him,) he should at least give you .275. You'll be ok with average I think, not great, but you could compete.

I like Lewis a little bit more than Span, he'll probably get a bit more playing time and hit about 15 points higher in average, but both are good for 21-23 stolen bases I think. Maybe a little more, but I wouldn't expect more than that, and just be happy if they're sending him more often.

And yeah, with Kawakami I was talking about in Japan last season.
Texas Flats
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby pappymojo » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:14 pm

I would try to move Napoli as quickly as possible. I would also be weary of M Young, but that's just personal preference.

How many DL spots do you have? One or Two? I would want a back up OF on that team. Who are your available FAs?

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=374642
pappymojo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby solefalk » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:10 pm

looks OK. Pick up some speedy OF and you should be fine. I´d take Span over Lewis.
solefalk Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby solefalk » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:18 pm

Doesn´t need to be an OF. trade/drop Napoli
solefalk Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team