This has been a very harsh work week I've gotten home past midnight each of the 1st two nights so I was exhausted. Let me make some recommendations now, since the rest of the week is going to be like this.
Today I would have recommended Craig Stammen and not Paul Maholm.
Thursday July 23rd
1. Mark Rzepczynski TOR - Home vs. CLE (David Huff)
- I first mentioned him on the Double Dipper column a few weeks back, and he hasn't disappointed. He's striking out a nice number of people, it's now just a matter of keeping the walks down. He's walked 3 or 4 guys in every start, so let's see if he can get to the next level against the Indians. I'll say he has 3 walks but with potential for better.
-Prediction- W, 6IP, 4h, 2ER, 3BB, 5k
2. Kenshin Kawakami ATL - Home vs. SF (Barry Zito)
- He's owned in 30% of leagues by my count. So at this point he's borderline wire material. Last start was very favorable against the Mets, and this one is very favorable as well. The Giants don't walk so his control problems shouldn't be a factor.
=Prediction- ND, 6IP, 6h, 2ER, 2BB, 4k
3. Charlie Morton PIT - Road vs. ARZ (Dan Haren)
- Don't look now but Morton is putting together a solid season save for one hiccup against the Astros. This is a bad situation, playing for the Pirates and against Dan Haren, but I still think he's got a good QS potential here. This guy's only owned in 6% of leagues but keep him on your radar.
-Prediction- L, 6.1IP, 6h, 3ER, 2BB, 4k
4. Luke French DET - Home vs. SEA (Jarrod Washburn)
- Just a mediocre spot start but against Seattle you could do worse I suppose.
-Prediction- ND, 5.1IP, 5h, 1ER, 2BB, 2k
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.