Outfiled Log Jam... What to do? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Outfiled Log Jam... What to do?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Outfiled Log Jam... What to do?

Postby kweiss » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:18 am

12 Yahoo Winners League, Standard H2H scoring. In the later rounds a ton of high upside/high ranked outfielders kept falling, and I just couldn't pass them up. Overall, I just feel like this team is a little unbalanced and has some tuning that needs to be done.

C Chris Iannetta
1B Ryan Howard
2B Jose Lopez
3B Aramis Ramirez
SS Jhonny Peralta
OF Alfonso Soriano
OF Matt Kemp
OF Jacoby Ellsbury
UTIL Nelson Cruz
BN Lastings Milledge
BN Andre Ethier
BN Elijah Dukes

SP Chad Billingsley
SP Francisco Liriano
RP Jonathan Broxton
RP Brad Ziegler
P Felix Hernandez
P Adam Wainwright
P Manny Parra
BN Hiroki Kuroda
BN Chris Volstad

What should I do? I feel like Milledge and Ethier are too good to be rotting on my bench, and Dukes too if he plays to his potential. I feel like I'm pretty set in SBs and Runs, and I really think my 4 top SPers are a great mix, but I'm concerned about saves, RBIs, and I feel like my HRs could be improved (I'm a little biased towards mashers).

I've considered dealing Ellsbury for a RP to open up a spot for the 3 OFers on my bench. Or even trading Ellsbury or Kemp for a higher HR and RBI hitter, even though that doesn't solve the log jam problem.

Or should I just wait and see how guys like Dukes and Cruz pan out and then try to make a mid season deal?
kweiss
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Outfiled Log Jam... What to do?

Postby decatur squares » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:05 am

If I were you I would wait. Great team though. I can see a set up where you could upgrade multiple positiotns with one injury to another team.
For Example. Lets say Manny goes down and because you are holding onto 5 starting OF and 2 strong sleeper OF he has no one on his bench to replace him, but what he does have is phillips at 2b and longoria at 3rd (I like his upside better then Ram, if nothing else equal). So, you offer him Lopez, Longoria and Ethier for phillips and Longoria. You just upgraded your 2b and possibly your 3rd buy giving him a bench player whos numbers would probably go down anyway without his injured player manny in the line up.

If the reverse is true you either have a a great replacement if its an outfielder or some decent trade bait to get a replacement player.

Right now without seeing the other teams rosters you have a lot of strength to upgrade you team and take advantage of a desperate team. So, IMO wait it out for a few months then if you see a good trade op go for it.
decatur squares
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby kweiss » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:21 pm

decatur squares wrote:If I were you I would wait. Great team though. I can see a set up where you could upgrade multiple positiotns with one injury to another team.
For Example. Lets say Manny goes down and because you are holding onto 5 starting OF and 2 strong sleeper OF he has no one on his bench to replace him, but what he does have is phillips at 2b and longoria at 3rd (I like his upside better then Ram, if nothing else equal). So, you offer him Lopez, Longoria and Ethier for phillips and Longoria. You just upgraded your 2b and possibly your 3rd buy giving him a bench player whos numbers would probably go down anyway without his injured player manny in the line up.

If the reverse is true you either have a a great replacement if its an outfielder or some decent trade bait to get a replacement player.

Right now without seeing the other teams rosters you have a lot of strength to upgrade you team and take advantage of a desperate team. So, IMO wait it out for a few months then if you see a good trade op go for it.

Extremely helpful sir. Thanks for all the insight!
kweiss
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sigriffey » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:23 pm

I think you are hardly in a bad spot. But if you want, you could see if you could ship Ellsbury off for a Dan Haren ... someone elite but maybe not quite Santana or CC in the price tag ... would solidify your wins and support your two aces there.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team