Just drafted out of the 7 hole ~ 14 teamer - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Just drafted out of the 7 hole ~ 14 teamer

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Just drafted out of the 7 hole ~ 14 teamer

Postby High and Inside » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:59 pm

schmidty wrote:
High and Inside wrote:This is not a rate my team type of thread... in all honesty, I don't care what anybody else thinks :-D

So you want us to just look at it and say "hmmmm". Ok ... here it goes ... *looking* Hmmmmmm :-b

Yeah, there are things I like and things I don't. Miggy would've been great in rounds 1, but what can you do. Hamilton is a raker, and I don't he should be as knocked as he is for 2008's 2nd half. Timmy and Morneau are solid values where you got them. Not a fan of Youk this year (at least where he's going). He's good, but I don't believe the 30 HR power is real. After Hamilton, not really big on your other OFers. Sucks getting hosed at SS and C. In a 14-team league, it's going to be tougher to find useful WW scraps. Closers are strong for a 14-team league. You should dominate saves (if no one gets hurt).

BTW, have you noticed you just critiqued someone's draft from 2006? :-B I'm not sure how you dug that post up. Needless to say, you thought their team was outdated and not very good :-b

Thanks for the response, I'm trying to play nicer :-D

I really can't stand Youk but his eligibility at 3B sold me...really, after the BIg 3 (Wright, ARod & Longo) the 3B position is not as deep as it has been in years... no way I would bank on Chipper at 37 & I have never been a fan of Ramirez... I like that Youk is sandwiched Papi & Bay, well protected and should get plenty of RBI chances....that's where my head was there. I'd be happy with 20-25 HR's from him as long as he drives in over 100 and bats over .300.

Agreed, my OF can be a disaster after Hamilton. NOt really sure what to think of Ludwick, fluke??? Maybe a Cards homer will chime in...his numbers were just to much to pass up on... he was in the Top 15 OF's in the 4 major offensive cats.... as for Hawpe, have had him 3rd year running. I get like that, fall in love with players and cotinually draft them. He killed me for months last year but then he got red hot after his stint on the DL to the tune of .304, 22 HR's and 68 RBI's over his final 96 games...also started hitting lefties which has been his crutch.

MIssed Napoli by one pick, he was the guy I wanted from the outset and gambled on a couple SS's making it back to me and one after another gone....wanted Peralta.

Not sure what the 2006 reference was about 8-o
High and Inside
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby schmidty » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:12 pm

High and Inside wrote:Not sure what the 2006 reference was about 8-o

viewtopic.php?t=183816

Check out the date of the all the other posts before your reply earlier today :-b
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby High and Inside » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:17 pm

schmidty wrote:
High and Inside wrote:Not sure what the 2006 reference was about 8-o

viewtopic.php?t=183816

Check out the date of the all the other posts before your reply earlier today :-b

WTF 8-o that was on the main page, I certainly didn't check back 3 yeare for that ...weird :-D
High and Inside
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team