Can I get an honest opinion. Please. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Can I get an honest opinion. Please.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Can I get an honest opinion. Please.

Postby jpd04279 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:47 pm

Can you give me an honest opinion of how I did in this 12 team draft. I was 8th to pick and wasn't too sure of the people I was drafting. Also could you tell me what my chances are of finishing in the top three based on current predictions. Thanks

1. (8) Ryan Braun (OF)
2. (17) Carlos Beltrán (OF)
3. (32) Matt Holliday (OF)
4. (41) Aramis Ramírez (3B)
5. (56) Alexei Ramírez (2B, SS, OF)
6. (65) Joe Nathan (RP)
7. (80) Chris Davis (1B)
8. (89) Robinson Canó (2B)
9. (104) José Valverde (RP)
10. (113) B.J. Ryan (RP)
11. (128) Derek Jeter (SS)
12. (137) Erik Bedard (SP)
13. (152) Clayton Kershaw (SP)
14. (161) Zack Greinke (SP)
15. (176) Chris Young (SP)
16. (185) Josh Johnson (SP)
17. (200) Gavin Floyd (SP)
18. (209) José López (1B, 2B)
19. (224) Dioner Navarro (C)
jpd04279
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Can I get an honest opinion. Please.

Postby jdkickboxer » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:22 pm

Well, you'll have the strongest outfield for sure! Actually, considering how long you waited to fill your infield, it doesn't look bad. Your biggest weakness is steals, and some teams will have better starting pitching, though you did well for not having a top tier starter. I think you have a decent chance at top 3. You might try to trade an OF stud (I am thinking Holliday) for a good SB candidate, though.

Please check mine out and tell me what you think: viewtopic.php?t=374475
jdkickboxer
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jovan1254 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:51 pm

SICK outfield! good job on it!! Have some questions about your starting pitching. Check out other teams who have OF needs and maybe you can snipe an OF for a quality SP. You've got good pitching but i think youll want a Sure starter you can count on. Maybe package an OF and SP for a top 5 SP.
jovan1254
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby schmidty » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:11 pm

Well, like the others I think your hitting looks just fine. And I disagree that you need steals ... I think between Beltran, Holiday, Jeter, and Alexei you should be competitive there. Jeter and Lopez on your bench gives you quite a bit of position flexibility. Closers are really good. But obviously the SPs are weak. Grienke is a fantastic value at #161. Other than that, there's a bit of risk. I think your team would've been better served taking a SP at one of those positions you have redundancy with: Rnds 5, 8, and 11 in particular. And/or also maybe pass on BJ Ryan when you did - with 3 solid closers, you could've handled a lower ranked closer later on (especially given Ryan's velocity troubles).

Overall, this should be a workable squad though. As the season develops, trading one of your infielders (Alexei, Cano, Jeter ... whoever gets off to a hot start) could upgrade your pitching. Or you can go as is - if everything breaks right, you may be fine regardless.

Hope this helps. If you can, have a look at my 12-team squad that I just drafted: viewtopic.php?t=374491
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Eagle Baseball » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:56 pm

I agree with schmidy. Your team would look a lot better imo if you had taken a SP in rounds 8 & 10.
Eagle Baseball
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RowdyRed » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:02 pm

I'd say you are 50-50 on finishing in the Top Three right now. This is a quality team. The hitting is great, and you hit a lot of the SP that I really like as guys to have better seasons than people think. So I think your SP is good and your RP is good too. Of course, my SP projections are probably off by a little, so you might need a little bit more SP, but not a ton.

viewtopic.php?t=374507
RowdyRed
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ecannon80 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:03 pm

Wow...I really wasn't impressed with your first three picks, but you got some awesome value later in the draft. I'm not sure I would've picked up Cano so early. I like Johnson and Bedard this year. Jeter...eh, not so much, but at least he'll be consistent.

I would try and swing Holliday to another owner. You should be able to get some awesome value for him before the season starts, and I don't think he produces in Oakland like he has in CO. Shore up your shortcomings by trading him. Maybe a stud pitcher like Peavy or Hamels and I think you're good to go!

Rate my team: viewtopic.php?t=374512
ecannon80
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team